Chapter 8

I woke up and Rose was gone. I got dressed, showered, and went down to the center. Rose was eating breakfast in the cafeteria. She was sitting with our Pokemon. It was 7:30.

"I was thinking we could leave at 8 and be there by around 9:30 or 10? We could challenge Roxanne today! I looked into it and we can challenge gyms together. We fight together and they use two pokemon."

"Awesome," I said. I ate and we went back upstairs. We both showered and packed and were ready to go. Skyskater and Willow were both out of their pokeballs and we left the center. The city seemed to be normal. There were ashes on lots of houses still. We got to the west side of town where the town's exit was. We left and started walking. We were challenged by many. After one challenge Willow started to shake.

"Willow?!" Rose screamed. Willow fell to the ground.

"Rose! Level 14! He's evolving!" We watched Willow as he turned into a bright light and stood up. He was a skinny brown figure with a pointy nose. Nuzleaf. We greeted the new pokemon. We kept walking until we hit a beach. There was one shore-side cottage but we ignored it. We kept walking up the shore and ran into an entrance to a barrage of trees. Petalburg Woods. We entered the woods and started waking down the trail.

Lots of Wurmple were shimmying along the ground. A few Slakoth hung from the trees. A few trainers fought is but were no problem since wing attack did very good against the trainer's bug types. We got out of the woods and saw a big bridge leading to the next town. Rustboro City. We ran across the bridge and got the town. The big clock in the middle of the city said 9:30.

We walked to the pokemon center and got a room and gave our Pokemon to Joy. We went to room 7 and saw our room. It was exactly like the Oldale Room which meant two beds. I was happy and sad because to be honest I didn't mind sleeping with Rose last night.

We got in bed and slept because the walking was very tiring. When we awoke we ate, grabbed our Pokemon and headed to the gym.

The gym was in the middle of town. Skyskater was level 18 and Willow was level 17. I let Rose and Willow have a few battles to themselves in the woods so Willow could catch up. We got to the gym and saw people gathered around a ring.

"Anymore gym leaders?" Yelled a 14 year old girl in the ring. We raised our hands. "A double?" We nodded. "Alrighty then let's go!" We got up into the ring.

"Rules. I have two Pokemon and you each have one." We nodded. It was weird seeing a girl this young being a gym leader. I heard that Roxanne was young but I didn't imagine this. She threw out a Nosepass and a Geodude. We threw out our Pokemon.

"Skyskater water gun!"

"Willow use bullet seed!"

"Nosepass. Geodude! Use rock slide!" Skyskater dodged the hurling rocks and spat a large pool of water on Nosepass. I looked over at Willow who was getting up slowly. Willow hit Nosepass with the seeds as it was getting up. Nosepass was down. "Again!" Rose and I shouted. Out pokemon made the Geodude faint. We high-fived.

"Tremendous!" Said Roxanne. "Fantastic! I present you two with the boulder badge." She handed us both a badge. The crowd was cheering and Roxanne hushed them. Roxanne gave is 3000 dollars. "What are your names?"

"I'm Rose and that's Skye," said Rose. Everybody gasped.

"Come with me," said Roxanne. She took us into a back room. "I've been instructed to give you two each a pokemon both level 15. And Aerodactyl for Skye and a Treeko for Rose. We took out our new pokemon.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you are the people of the prophecy. These two Pokemon will aid you. Go and continue your adventure. I assume you're staying overnight but remember to find the prophecy in Dewford." We nodded and thanked her. We left the gym and went back to the center. I named Aerodactyl, Rocky while Rose named Treeko, Forest. We spent until the evening playing with our new Pokemon without a care in the world.

But this would be one of the last times where we could ever forget what was happening to us.

~Author's Note~

Hey guys the picture is what I imagine to be Rose. Thanks for reading! I'll try to put a picture for Skye soon!

~Orangle