Chapter 2

I stared at the egg and then back at Mr. Blaze.

"Are you serious?"

"Haha yes, Skye," he said, "now I know I have raised you since your parents died but I think it's time for you to go on your own adventure. We'll incubate this egg and it will hatch in a few hours."

After a few hours of working, my friend Mary yelled, "Skye come here!" I ran to here to see my egg hatch. I put my face up to the incubator and watched. The egg cracked and then shook and then cracked some more. Finally a little blue and white head popped out. We all smiled. Mary handed me an empty Pokeball and I opened the incubator. The newly born Wingull struggled out of the egg and confusingly flew into my chest. I laughed and caught it in my arms as it bounced off me. It's eyes were happy and filled with joy.

"Wow," I said, "my own pokemon!" I smiled very big. I gave Mary and then Mr. Blaze a hug. "What are you going to call it?" Mary asked. I thought for a while and then looked into my pokemon's eyes. "Skyskater," I said, "I'll call him Skyskater."

"That's amazing," Mr. Blaze said,"Say your goodbyes, Skye. We're leaving."

I had packed the night before and had my trainer watch on. In my bag were a few healing items, food, clothes, and empty pokeballs. I said goodbye to Mary and Mrs. Blaze, the only other workers there and then I mounted Mr. Blaze's Salamence and we took off.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked.

"Littleroot Town. It's where all the journeys begin. You will meet Professor Birch and get your traveling companion."

"Companion?"

"Yes. A young lady your age will be joining you. I believe her name is Rose."

"Sounds good," I said as we landed in Littleroot town. It was very small. Only a few houses and a big lab. Definitely not Mauville. I hit the ground with my feet and then I released Skyskater to let him have some fresh air. He stayed flying around me which was nice. I guess he already knew that I was his friend.

We walked into the lab and there was a man there with a girl my age next to him. She was very pretty. She had long straight brown hair. Most of it except for a few strands were tucked behind her ears. She was also wearing a watch like I was. I saw the man give her a Pokeball. This must be her first pokemon. I watched her smile. Mr. Blaze cleared his throat and they both looked at us.

"Arthur!" The man said with a big smile as he shook hands with Mr. Blaze.

"Hello Christopher. This is Skye." I shook his hand. Skyskater landed on my head. "That is quite the creature you have there," said the man," what to you call it?"

"Skyskater," I said.

"Lovely," he said,"I am professor Birch and this," he motioned to the girl,"is Rose." Rose looked up at me and smiled. "Have you scanned your Wingull yet?" Asked the professor.

"Scan?" I asked.

"Oh silly me I forgot. You don't have the new feature yet." The man grabbed a needle and poked it into a tiny hole in my watch and then took it out. "There. There is now a new scan feature that you can use to scan your pokemon and learn about them." I clicked the scan button and green lasers shot out and touched Skyskater. Then they went away.

I looked at the watch. It said brave nature and then keen eye. "Wow so keen eye means he can't have an accuracy drop and he acts brave?"

"You got it. Quite the creature," said professor Birch,"I also installed the Pokedex feature which will track the data of any pokemon you catch."

"Awesome," I said. Rose walked over to us. "Can we leave?" She asked.

"Why it is evening," said Professor Birch,"you can stay at my house tonight and depart in the morning."

"Sounds good," I said. I gave Mr. Blaze a hug and he left. Time for an adventure.