Chapter 5

We left the center together. I had my Pokeball hooked on my belt and my pack was at the center.

"Where to first?" I asked Rose.

"The shops. I would like a dress and a few shirts. The problem is we each only have about 500 dollars. And a good dress costs about 4000. Shirts are only 50."

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't be," said Rose. We got to the clothing shop and I saw the man who I beat earlier. He walked up to me.

"Hey I forgot to pay for the battle. That's what you have to do when you lose." He handed me 10,000 dollars.

"10,000?!" I exclaimed. He got a serious face.

"Look," he said,"you two are special. Once people find out who you are they will do anything to help you."

"Why are w-" Rose was cut off.

"Just take the money and go be normal. Great things will happen from you two." He walked away.

"This so freaky," said Rose.

"For real. I think we should just get on with our lives and we'll find out what this is about later. I have money for your dress."

"You'll buy one for me?!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah," I said smiling,"that's what family does."

"Oh, Skye," said Rose. She gave me a hug.

"Haha let's go in and see," I said. We went in and saw lots of clothes on different racks all over the store. Rose led me to the dress section. She picked out a few and then she picked out a tux for me.

"You need to try this on!" She said. I agreed and I tried on the tux. It fit perfectly. The whole suit was 2000 dollars. I sat and waited outside the changing room waiting for Rose. She eventually cam out in a red strapless dress that extended the the floor. She had on two red sleeves and there was a white band across the stomach area that went the whole diameter of the dress. "Like it?" Asked Rose.

"You're stunning," I said.

"Aww thanks, Skye. I think this is a keeper." I bought a red tie to go with Rose's dress. Rose bought a few yellow, red, and with t-shirts. The total was 7,462 dollars. I payed with the money I got and we walked out happy.

"Dinner?" I asked.

"Dinner," she said. We walked the streets until we found a restaurant called "Arnie's" We walked in and it was very nice. People were sitting and eating with their pokemon. We got a table for two with two pokemon. We sat down and Skyskater started to happily munch on pokeblocks. I pet her feathers and she cooed.

I ordered a quarter pound of Tauros meat. Rose ordered a Pidgey sandwich. "This is nice," she said.

"Yeah," I said. I started thinking and I frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Do you think we'll make it?"

"Through the journey? I have no idea. But Skye. I've known you for only 24 hours and I know that you are the bravest person I have ever met. If anyone will make it to the pokemon league. It's us." I smiled.

"I guess you're right," I said, "so what are you going to use the dress for?"

"I don't know yet. Maybe there will be an occasion later during our adventure." We spent the rest of the time getting to know each other. I found out that she is single and her favorite color is green and she is an only child.

"You ready to go?" I asked Rose.

"Yeah," she said. We got our things together and walked back to the center. I checked the map feature on my watch. "Petalburg City is only a half hour walk from here. I say we leave after lunch tomorrow and get there around 1. That'll give us time to explore the city. I don't think we can challenge the gym until we beat four others though."

"That's odd," said Rose.

"Yeah," I said. I help open the door to the center for her. We got to our room and I flopped on my bed. I turned on the television and Rose went into the bathroom. The news popped up.

"Today I'm Oldale Town, two teens were found, one of them named Skye."

"Rose? Come out here." She came out in a tank top.

"Could these two teens be the fulfillers of the ever ancient prophecy or is this just another hoax? For action 12 news this is Sandy Alexander."

"What prophecy?" Rose asked.

"No idea," I said, "but one thing I do know. We aren't ordinary."