TABOO

Callie sat quietly as she listened to Lydia reiterate her notes, she never did get maths

Callie sat quietly as she listened to Lydia reiterate her notes, she never did get maths. Her eyes slowly followed the pen which trailed along the lined paper, x's and y's didnt make any sense to her. 'Look I can only help so much- okay? Either you tell me what's bothering you, or we carry on going over these notes- which may I add, took time' Lydia grumbled, her blue eyes scowling up at the brunette.

Callie gulped as Lydia flicked the pen onto the page, her eyes glued onto the piece of plastic that rolled gently. 'Hello? Callie?' Lydia scowled, waving her hand infront of her eyes, Callie blinked.

'What?' She mumbled, bringing her eyes level. Callie admired the girl in front of her, her hair kissed by fire made her pale face and rosy cheeks stand out. 'Ugh, you're so irritating' Lydia slurred.

Flipping her thick locks behind her shoulder, Lydia rested her cheek on her hand. Callie stayed quiet, shrinking into herself. She didn't feel right, as if the whole world had collapsed and she was trying to hold it up.

Her soul, heart and mind felt heavy, she was tired. She had no energy to keep going, carrying these chains and memory's. 'You going to tell me what's wrong?' Lydia grumbled.

Callie cuddled her knee, finding comfort in keeping herself close. 'Nothings wrong?' She lied, smiling. Lydia scowled, 'hmm fine, should I just message Stiles and ask him what's wrong?'.

Callie's face dropped, no one had mentioned Stiles- she hadn't been around anyone to mention him. She thought that if she didn't bring him up, then no one else would. But Callie couldn't shake the fear that this was it. For her, for them, for their friendship.

Non of them had muttered a single word to eachother- for once, they had nothing to say. Callie didn't know what she was supposed to say, non of them were doing okay- so what else was there to talk about?

'Stiles...why? Why are. Is everyone mentioning fricking Stiles' Callie admitted, slamming her hand down on Lydia's desk with frustration, Callie let out a sigh.

'Because, he made you smile and now you're not smiling. And that because Scott and Stiles aren't hanging out so..we all know somethings up' Lydia announced, grinning at her amazing discovery.

'So that's why you invited me round, to get all the gossip on my friendship group?' Callie queried. She sat up strait slightly and Callie felt her brown hair fall down the back of her jumper. 'Precisely' Lydia smiled.

Callie gulped- staying quiet as usual, she tried to process what Lydia actually said. Her mind raced to the four corners of the world, interpreting it different ways. 1- Lydia did actually care, she was worried about Callie and her absences to school and lessons. 2- Lydia was just being nosy as she was so invested in a relationship that was going well.

'So...have you and Stiles done the deed?' Lydia blubbered, nudging the downhearted brunette quickly, Lydia adjusted herself in her chair matching her oak desk.

'Oh my gosh' Callie mumbled, resting her head in her hands, she felt her body run wild with goose bumps as the moments they shared together quickly flooded through her. Callie felt euphoria when she was around him, just his hands wrapped around her was all she needed. Stiles made her feel something real.

'Oh please...we all see Stiles struggling to keep his hands off you' Lydia hinted, her face softened as she saw Callie's face deflate gently. 'Wait? Are you guys even together?' Puzzled Lydia, cocking her head to the side.

Callie pulled down her sleeves, her hands tucked away- she pulled her knee in tight again. She shrugged, they hadn't broken up- they hadn't had a conversation to break up. But Callie, Scott and Stiles hadn't shed a word to eachother in two weeks. Callie had never felt more alone.

Lydia tutted 'swear to god, first Allison and Scott and now you and Stiles. Honestly- is there no hope for teen romance? Lydia moaned, her eyes widening.

Callie shrugged, her life was anything than perfect, even her relationship with Stiles wasn't that romantic. Everyone grew up on toxic, false love. But it was far from the truth.

'So you haven't done it, then' Lydia disembowelled, shaking her head as Callie wasn't speaking specifically. 'No, we haven't had sex' she muttered. It was only herself and the redhead inside Lydia's house- but she felt like such a child- as if the topic was taboo.

'Hmm' Lydia judged- flicking her hair behind her shoulder. Callie rested her head on the top of her knee, she watched Lydia as her eyes scanned over her own notes. She really was a beautiful and intelligent girl.

'So what is, happening with your friendship group right now?' Lydia spoke with sincerity as she leaned forwards. 'Nothing?' Callie mumbled, shrugging.

Callie didn't want to say anything, it wasn't her place to say- it happened to all of them, they were all handling it in different and insufficient ways. 'Come on Callie- Stiles may be able to see through your awful lying, but I can't. Okay?' Lydia narrowed her eyes as she placed a soothing hand on her arm- sending a smile of reassurance to the brunette.

'Lydia why are you so adamant something wrong, or that I'm not okay?' Callie let out a frustrated a growl, shrugging Lydia off- Callie stared at the redhead. Her face softened as she saw the pain in the brin eyes eyes 'because, I know that you felt the same way that i did. After I got attacked, you were the only person who knew what I had been through- I just don't want you to feel like you have no one- like I did' Lydia consoled.

Callie heard the sorrow in Lydia's voice as she placed a hand ontop of hers. Inside Lydia was a sweet girl- it was a shame no one could see it. Callie didn't know what to say, no one had said something like that to her since Stiles at the formal. God, it was the most bittersweet evening, but yet Callie loved it.

'I just- we just haven't spoken to each other..that's all' Callie announced, her eyes looking down at the paper, it still didn't make any sense to her. 'So you've chosen to ignore eachother?' Lydia sighed, her green eyes glowing.

'No, I just- after what happened at the police station and what happened between myself and Matt, there's been this tension between all of us' Callie explained as she rested her chin on her knee once more.

A look of sympathy ran over Lydia's face as she saw how miserable the girl actually was. 'Then why don't you text him?' Lydia shook her head, speaking with enthusiasm as she pointed to her phone which was placed upside down.

'Him?' Callie asked, furrowing her brows. 'Stiles' Lydia beamed as a flash of happiness washed over her face. 'No, I do-' 'don't what? Don't want to message your boyfriend?' Lydia grudged as her head cocked.

'I do, but- I don't know what I'm supposed to say?' Callie gulped, slapping her hand down on her thigh. Letting out a frustrated growl, Callie contemplated leaving and going home. Lydia wasn't going to understand, she could only feel sympathy not empathy. Jackson and Lydia's relationship was beyond toxic.

Of course, Callie did feel feel sorry for the redhead, all she had was toxic love. Callie wanted her to feel the way she felt around Stiles. 'Hmm' Lydia huffed.