Snow Angel: Rise of the Guardians (Jack Frost) 1

Children ran all throughout the park. Throwing the pure white snow at others, making snowmen, snow angels, anything that involved with the great snow. One had to have made this joy, yes. There is a person that did this, that was Jack Frost. He was a carefree man that enjoyed doing his job, and did it darn good. Jack loved to see the smile on childrens faces. Everyone was happy in the snow, all but one person.

She looked down at the children from her top bedroom window, she envied every single one of the children. She never had any friends or freedom period. Ever since the death of her mother, Ligeia, Juri was forbidden to cross into the outside world. Why? For her own safety of course! Is what her father thought, what he believed would cause. He couldn't bare to lose his daughter, she was all he had left. But it was winter, Juri's favorite season of all, but one her father despised. This season and as of that day, was the day her mother died. Her father avoided this season and day, just so he wouldnt bare the pain of his loss. This was the time of year he would lock every single thing that had an opening to it. Like it was said before, for Juri's own safety.

She sighed and the phone began to ring, she climbed off away from the window and made her way downstairs. She checked caller id and saw it was her father. Juri picked up the phone,

"Hello."

"Juriko," her father chimed, "I told you before don't answer the phone."

She rolled her eyes jokingly, as she smiled, chuckling, "Then why are you calling?!"

Her dad laughed, the relationship they had was tight, so they always messed with one another.

"Anyways, how's it going over there?" He asked.

"Good, why?"

"Oh nothing, just making sure. I'm just calling to let you know I won't be home till the morning, sadly."

Juri frowned, sighing, "Oh well just be careful, I don't want you get sick again. I'm starting to worry about your health, daddy."

"Pfft, Juriko I'm fine, at least I'll get extra pay for this. There's some leftovers from last night's dinner. Ok, got to go. See you in the morning Juri."

"See you too daddy, love you."

"I love you, doll."

She put the phone back in its place and sighed. She rarely saw her father as it is, he always worked to support them and more. Her boredom got the best of her and began to clean the already clean home.

****

Night came along faster than Juriko expected it to be. She smiled as butterflies flew inside her. Juri ran up to get bedroom and slipped on her coat, uggs, and her hat to keep her warm. She always did this, sneak out into the night whenever she could, and she was never once was caught. She found it funny how her father goes out of his way to keep her in for her safety, yet when she leaves, she returns without a single scratch. Juri went to the front door and unlocked the code of the house, it beeped softly green and unlocked the door. The cold winter air brushed against her face, she sighed in contentment. Shutting the door behind her, she locked it again, giggling as she ran off to the nearest flower shop. She was excited to finally be outside once again, after she made her way to the place she needed to be, her mother's grave.

~*~

"Woo hoo!!!" yelled Jack Frost as he flew throughout the sky and froze anything he liked. He froze windows and even the running fountain water a child was about to drink. He loved the winter and creating it. With a big grin on his face, he decided to rest for a bit and sat on the roof of a nearby house. He looked throughout the town and saw that no one remained now, all were in their homes, sleeping.

"Guess I'm done for today." He said as he sighed, leaning back a bit, until something caught his attention.

A voice, the voice of an angel rang through his ears, his eyebrows scrunched together in wonder.

"Who is that?" He whispered to himself. He smiled wide and flew off, following the wonderful singing voice. It still continued, and he began to get impatient as he still hasn't found the source. Then his eyes landed on it- her.

The voice came from a girl, looked the exact age that he was, with soft flowing dark red hair that stopped a little past her shoulders, covered with a hat and her body was being covered with a beige coat. In her hands, she clasped white roses. Her piercing bright crystal green eyes glowed in the winter night as they scanned the area around her, looking for something as she continued vocalizing. Jack followed her anxiously, he was already drawn to this girl, and began wondering how could someone sing so perfectly. He followed her and came to an erupt stop when she entered passed the black gates of a cemetery, making her song fade into silence. He raised an eyebrow but continued on.

She walked for some time and finally found her mother's grave. Ligeia Seirina Winters, it said, Juri smiled and sat on the ground in front of the grave, placing the roses on top.

"Hi mom." Juri greeted.

Jack's heart sank as he realized the beautiful girl's mother was dead.

"How you've been? You're probably wondering yourself, but I'm fine. Daddy? Not so much. I'm worrying about him, mom. All he does is work and lock me away. Ever since that day mom, he's continued this and I wonder what will happen when I turn 18." She chuckled softly then the smile faded, "Oh mom, if only you were still here. You'd know what to do."

Juri sighed again and hummed a tune. She stood up and turn on her heel, turning to go back home till she saw Jack standing on a statue with his staff, behind which startled her. She screamed and jumped, he looked her surprised.

"Woah woah, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you-wait..you can see me?!" Jack asked, stepping towards her. A giant smile forming on his face.

300 years, and no one was able to see him, but now this girl broke that chain.

Juri panicked, knowing she wasn't suppose to interact with other people, which she hasn't really done since she was homeschooled and never made any friends-due to her father's trust issues. She felt awkward, she didn't know how to interact, or what to say. So, she began to walk off at a fast pace, Jack flew after her, making her panic more that he was flying and following her.

"How are you flying?!" She said, but quickly slapped her hands over mouth, walking quicker. Jack could see the shock in her, then quickly threw aside his questions on how she could see him for later..

"Listen, I know we got off on the wrong hand, I'm Jack. Jack Frost." He waited for her reply, but she continued to trudge off.

"The least you could do is tell me your name!" He called, silent she was. He chuckled with a smirk and flew after her. He kept pestering her,

"Come on, why won't you talk?" He said now flying on his back.

"I can't talk to strangers." She said.

"Ha! What are you, five?"

Juri picked up her pace and began to run. He went after her, "Please, just at least give me your name!"

She swerved corners and paths to the point Jack lost her, he sighed. He decided to search for the girl the next day. Little did he know Juri was hiding behind a tall tree, once she lost sight of him, she made her way quickly to her home.