Snow Angel: Rise of the Guardians (Jack Frost) 18

The very next day, wasn't the best for everybody. It was Sandman's funeral, and worse: Juri was sick. She coughed and panted for air since her nose was clogged. They had warned Juri in the past to be careful when going outside, since it would be cold, and just hanging out with Jack, made it a lot more colder than originally. Juri could hardly talk because of her sore throat, and that ment she couldn't sing. She didn't feel weak at all, just ill, but she was able to join everybody else at the ceremony.

They sent down candles around a silhouette figure of Sandman, as they held hands in a moment of silence for him. Jack was no where to be found, he felt guilty as it was, more for partially causing Juri to become sick, but Juri also felt responsible to Sandman's death.

"Juri, it was not your fault. Pitch did this to Sandy, not you." North reassured her, as they looked around in search of Jack.

"Yes, but if only I had sung faster and louder, he wouldn't have been killed. Its like you said, I'm the Siren that destroys the nightmares, and I let the nightmares consume Sandy's life." says Juri, her voice cracking every now and then, due to the soreness in her throat.

"But my dear, you were able to destroy them! You have an amazing power, and we will be able to stop Pitch, even you alone can stop him."

She slightly nodded, slipping her hot tea. They entered a room and found Jack sitting by a window, his hood over his head as he looked out the window. His pale finger tapped a section of the window, the ice formed a figure of Sandman.

Juri sat beside Jack, "Are you okay?" Her soft voice asked, he didn't look at her.

He sighed, "I just wish...I could have done something."

"Done something? You stood up to Pitch, you and Juri saved us all. Sandy would be proud." North replied.

Jack stood, but North stopped him, "I don't know what you think you are in another life, but in this life, you are a Guardian."

North turned to Juri, "So are you, my dear. The Moon chose the both of you to be Guardians, and for a reason, because with both your help, Pitch will no longer interfere the lives of the children."

"But in order to know who I am, I have to know who I was." says Jack.

"And you will. I can feel it, in my belly!" North exclaims while putting his hands over his belly, Juri chuckled.

****

"Look how fast they're going out." Tooth said, they all examined the Globe in the main room.

"Its fear..." Juri says, disappointed in herself, "Without Sandman to provide them their dreams, they have nightmares instead...and I can't do anything about it. Not in this condition."

Her voice cracked, she felt like she failed her duty as a Guardian. She felt she was about to burst into tears, which was rare, but she had failed them. Juri set her head into her palms, Jack sat beside her, pulling her towards him.

"This is starting to stress Juri out, and with her illness, the stress might make it worse, North. She's lucky to be able to even walk." says Tooth.

"Maybe she should rest?" asks Jack.

North pitched the bridge of his nose, "I think we should all rest. We haven't slept in a while since the battle with Pitch. If we don't care for ourselves, how will we care for the children?"

"We'll figure it out tomarrow." Bunnymund suggested, they all nodded.

North decided to rest for a bit, Bunnymund and Tooth decided to watch the globe in case for anymore non believers. Jack led Juri to her bedroom and once she laid down, she instantly fell asleep. He sighed as he took in her appearance, letting it seal inside his brain. Even ill, she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. He kissed her burning forehead and left the room, Jack entered his.

When he laid down, he realized how really tired he actually was, Jack closed his eyes.

~*~

Jack walked inside the manor from a walk, late at night. He expected everyone to be asleep, but hoped Juri wasn't. Usually if it wasn't such a long day, she would stay up extremely late,.and Jack would go hang out with her. He walked up the stairs and knocked,

"Juri you awake?" He said, he heard some noises inside, so he assumed she was. He turned the knob and walked inside, only to see, a part of number one of his fear being done right in front of him.

Pitch had his hand over Juri's mouth, muffling her cautions at Jack. Her hands were tied up and her necklace cut from her neck, the charm shattered into millions of pieces. Her hair pin to her bow and arrow was snapped in half. The ring Jack gave her was in Pitch's hand, and dissolved into black sand, Pitch laughed.

"Goodbye Jack."

With that, Pitch disappeared out the window with Juri.

Jack fell to his knees, as he began to yell, "NO!"

~*~

Jack shot up from his bed, panting. He looked around and saw he was in his bedroom. It was nighttime, and he went wide eyed. What if his dream actually happened? What if its happening right now?!

He sprung out of his room and shot through Juri's door. He didn't spot her on her bed, his heart began to race,

"Jack?"

He turned to the voice and found Juri at the far left side of the room, combing her hair at the mirror, "Whats wro-"

She didn't get to finish, he cut her off with a tight embrace as he sighed in relief onto her neck. He noticed she had on her pin, necklace and the ring.

"I'm so happy you're okay." He whispered, he still didn't let her go, he probably wasnt going too for a while.

"Wait, what happened?" She asked, the side of her face was on the lower region of his chest. Jack set his head on top of hers, saying, "I had a dream-a nightmare actually,a-and Pitch came. Then he.took you away from me."

Now that shot an arrow through Juri. She was starstrucked, when he said that, she was scared, but most of all, she felt...loved.

He really cares a lot about me, she thought to herself. Juri looked up at Jack, as he stared down at her, then she gave the smile, that always melted his icey barriers. She rested the side of head again on his chest, as well her hands on the top part of it.

Not only was Juri starstruck, but she then realized: she was lovestrucked.

Author's Note: WOAH that was kind of rushed, but ppl have been wanting an update for a while and plus its like 1 in the morning right now- but anyways I hope you liked it!~