Snow Angel: Rise of the Guardians (Jack Frost) 27

The Guardians cheered in triumph. The war was over, they could go back to their old lives. But not Jack and Juri: they had something different in mind.

They pressed their lips in kiss once more, before Jack asked, "So what are gonna do now?"

Juri smiled brightly up at him, "Well anywhere you go, I go."

Jack looked down at her, smiling warmly back at her. North went up behind them, picking then uo into a group hug.

"Woah!" Jack said, Juri was laughing. Tooth came into the hug as well as Sandman. North forced Bunnymund to join.

North set them down, "Come on, let's all go home. Then finally I can eat Juri's delicious cookies that are still waiting to be tasted."

Juri giggled, then Jack put his arm around her waist as they walked away from the pond. The group passed the entry to Pitch's lair, reminding them that he was gone for good. Juri looked inside the hole, then it happened all to fast to even blink.

She reacted quickly, "Jack!"

Juri pushed Jack out of the way, and took it for him. Pitch's hand attempted to grap Jack's ankle, but since Juri pushed him away, Pitch took hers instead. She screamed as she was dragged into the hole, her fingers clawing at the soil.

"I will not go down, alone!" Pitch yelled, as the nightmares continued to pull at him.

The Guardians and Jack tried to pull her out, but with the amount of nightnares pulling at both Juri and Pitch, it was quite impossible. But Jack refused to give up. Pitch held onto Juri's able, pulling her down farther, her fingers were almost at the edge to falling. Pitch grabbed onto one nightmare, forming it into a long sharp sword.

To end her struggle, he thought. With one swift motion of his hand, Pitch plunged the sword inside Juri's torso. She froze, and went wide eyed.

"No!!!" Jack screamed as Tooth gasped, the rest went wide eyed too.

Juri's hand then fell off the edge, and she fell backwards into the hole. Jack didn't think it through, but acted fast.

"Jack!" North called after him as Jack jumped inside the hole.

He flew farther and farther in, then came close to spot Juri falling as well. Pitch held onto Juri, grinning up at Jack. Jack death glared and shot ice at Pitch. Since Pitch was weaker now, Jack was able to pull out Juri. He carried her in his arms as he flew up to the surface. He kneeled down on the ground, as she laid in his arms. The group asked her, how she felt.

But Jack was quiet, Juri was dying in his arms right in front of him and couldn't even help. The gash in her torso was dripping bits of her blood onto her white lilac dress. Her breathing was raspy and everyone was on the verge of tears.

"Juri...why?" He asked. It could have me, he thought. That way Juri wouldn't have to endure the pain.

"It was always me Jack. He wanted me, not North, or Tooth, Sandy, nor Bunnymund, and not you. So why let it be you?" She said softly. Jack was panting, he couldn't believe what was happening. He never dreamt of it, nor thought of this ever happening.

"Wait wait wait!!" North said, pulling out a large book from his coat. Juri was gasping for air, and Jack's heart tore every shaky breath she took. North flipped through pages till he found what he was looking.

"If you say this oath and you will forever be a Guardian. In your situation, once you are a Guardian, Juri, and believed in, then you can be immortal."

Juri nodded, clutching Jack's hand. His spirits lifted, she could be immortal now.

"Will you, Juri Winters and Jack Frost, vow to watch over the children of the World. To guard them, with your life: their hopes, wishes, and their dreams. For they are all we have, all that we are, and all that we will ever be."

Jack looked into Juri's eyes, they nodded and said, "I will."

Jack expected Juri's wound to be healed, but after a moment, nothing happened.

"North! It isn't working!" Jack yelled.

Juri grabbed the sides of his face, hushing him. She softly smiled up at him, as he gasped that she was still stuck with her terrible fate. Juri sang to him.

"Just love... Just live... Just give what you can give, and take all that you deserve..."

"Juri no. You wont die. Yo-"

She hushed him again, he dropped his head onto her shoulder, a tear slid down from his eye onto her. "Jack, it's okay. You'll find me, one day I promise."

He looked her, "Are you sure?"

Her finger drew an 'x' over her heart, "Cross my heart."

Then she linked her pinky onto his, "And pinky promise. You will find me Jack."

Another tear fell, but fell on Juri's cheek. She smiled her usual smile, then wiped the remains off Jack's cheek.

She sang once more, "Remember, I am forever yours..."

Jack held back the rest of his tears that were threatening to break through. Juri softly sang lastly,

"Kiss me, one last time..."

And so he did.

Once their lips connected each others', all the love they could show for each other was represented in the kiss. The love bursted all throughout inside them.

Then, the warmth of Juri's lips left. She fell limp in Jack's arms, taking one final breath. He pulled away and looked at her. Thats when her body began fade away, her bleeding wound, her grasp, her face, everything. Then she became mist. The mist dissolved into his hands and flew into the air.

Juri was gone.

Tooth began to bawl, as Sandman made a crying face symbol above his head, wiping his eyes. North took in a shaky sharp breath, holding in his cry., Bunnymund looked away, or else he would have ended up like Tooth.

"No..." Jack whispered.

"No!" He cried once more, looking into his hands where Juri was in only a few seconds ago but now has completely vanished, as if she never existed. 

She was gone. For who knows how long. His beginning, light, and love: gone. He failed her, he vowed to protect her with his life, but she ended up protecting him, thus costing her life. His heart burned inside him, frozen once again. It was back to what it was before Juri came into his life. Cold, dark, and frozen. Jack felt lost, torn without Juri. He didn't know what to do now.  

North came up behind Jack, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Don't you worry Jack. She'll come back."

"Really, how do you know?"

"Of course! You two took the oath, and the children now believe in the Siren. So Juri has to come back sooner or later. She is now immortal afterall, but just give it time."

Jack took a deep breath and rubbed away the tears from his eyes. That reassured him, at least for a bit.

'I'll find her', he thought. Juri promised afterall.

The Guardians finally calmed down, and decided to say their final goodbyes to the children. Then off home. As they began to walk away, something caught Jack's eye. It was bright and shiny. He turned around and walked to the spot where he and Juri were previously at. He gasped when he picked up the item.

It was Juri's ring.