Mysterious Artist

Hi everyone! Thanks for 25K reads! This chapter is dedicated to @fairytalescript for giving me the idea!

 It was just another boring Wednesday afternoon at Camp-Half Blood. I was sitting lazily in the new library that had been added to the camp upon Jason's request. Antigone lay open in front of me, but I was too tired of Creon's antics to continue reading.

"Will, have you seen this?" my half-sister, Kayla, whisper-shouted at me from across the room.

"Seen what?" I asked, walking over to the other side of the library.

"It's a carving in the table. One of the best I've seen,"

I paused in front of the oaken wood table, taking in the amazing work of art that was in front of me. It accurately depicted Percy Jackson's battle with the Minotaur when he was twelve. Or so I thought. I hadn't been a camper back then.

"Jesus. Whoever did this is good." I thought aloud, running my fingers over the scratches on the table.

"I know, right. Looks like maybe one of the Muses' kids did it."

"Wait, what's this?" my hand found two faint initials at the bottom right of the carving. "N.D."

"That must be who did it," Kayla said, stating the obvious.

There was only one camper I knew who had the initials "N.D.". My boyfriend, Nico di Angelo. Had he done this?"

"Who do you know that has the initials 'N.D.?'" I asked my sister since she knew practically everyone at camp. If it really was Nico, I would've known about his insane art skills. We had been dating for six months, and friends for longer!

"Aside from your boyfriend, maybe one other Hermes kid. But I doubt it was him."

"Do you really think it's Nico?" I asked, feeling hurt that he hadn't told me anything about this.

"I dunno. It really could be anyone. A nymph, satyr, I don't know." my sister mused, running her fingers over the carving.

"Plus it's of Percy. I know that Nico used to have a crush on him."

"It does seem awfully suspicious," Kayla agreed, plopping down on a nearby cozy armchair. "Don't feel too mad that he didn't tell you about this. You know how shy he is sometimes."

"I guess," I conceded, sighing. I knew there was truth to Kayla's words. She often liked to tease me about how she was "older and wiser" than I was. Every time she said that I retorted with the fact that she was only three months older than I was. Nice move Apollo, you got two ladies pregnant in the span of three months.

"You should ask him. I'm curious now." Kayla said although she didn't look very curious. She had moved on to the next thing, which was reading my copy of Antigone.

If Kayla was curious, then I was dying to know. I thought that Nico and I knew everything about each other. But I guess I still had more to learn.

---

The next day, it was around six-thirty in the evening, and Nico and I were sitting next to each other on his bed. Nico was engrossed in Oedipus the King, and I was engrossed in, well, Nico. And as for the Greek plays we were both readings, I think its safe to say that we're both going through a Sophocles phase. Even thinking that made me laugh. We're really nerds.

"Nicooo," I whined, trying to get my boyfriend's attention.

"Willlllll," he mocked my tone, but nonetheless, he put down his reading material.