DEH + Solangelo Crossover!

Hi everyone! Today's chapter will be a Dear Evan Hansen and Solangelo crossover, which I'm really excited about. Even if you're not in the Dear Evan Hansen fandom, I think this is still readable, and I definitely recommend listening to some of the songs. Warning: this chapter has homophobia and some very minor swearing (I censored everything out). Sorry for the late update people. Also, I wrote this chapter kind of in a rush so it might not be that good, sorry. I hope you enjoy it though!

I waved the vibrant pink, purple, and blue flag that I had bought a few minutes before. A wide grin ensconced my face, and I turned my head to look at Nico, pleased to find that his smile mirrored my own. The only way I could describe the emotion I was feeling right now was pride.

Of course, that was completely appropriate for the occasion I was at. The crowds of beaming people decked out in all the colors of the rainbow alerted the passerby that this was the Annual New York City Pride Parade. Possibly the best day of the year for LGBTQ+ people and allies. Although this could be a day for non-allies to become one.

Sunlight streamed through the windows of the Apollo cabin, the bright hues snapping me out of my exciting dream. Slowly, my eyes fluttered open, and I stretched my sleep-worn arms to get ready for the day ahead. It was June 30th, also known as the date of the New York City Pride Parade!

I stood up, realizing that I should have set an alarm because most of the other members of my cabin were already awake. Camp Half-Blood was allowing select campers to attend the Pride Parade this year, even though it was definite monster bait. I had to thank Iris, the rainbow goddess, for that.

I quickly brushed my teeth and got ready to head to the bus that would take us to the Parade. As I headed out, I grabbed my pre-packed bag, thankful that I had stuffed my flags and pride wear into it the night before. I had arranged to meet with Nico di Angelo, my boyfriend, before we boarded the bus so that we could stay together for the whole parade.

I walked across the vast strawberry fields that were located all over Camp Half-Blood, hoping to meet Nico without walking all the way to the Hades Cabin. However, I had no such luck, and I had to cross the large distance between the Hades and Apollo Cabins. I knocked on the large, imposing door of the Hades Cabin, waiting for Nico to answer.

"Hey Will," Nico grinned, opening the heavy black door. "I'm ready to go."

"Good," I replied, holding out my hand for him. "Today is going to be a good day."

---

I couldn't manage to close my mouth, which was stuck in an extremely wide "O" shape. Looking back at Nico, I saw the same expression on his face. I could hardly blame either of us. Crowds of people waving flags surrounded us, a smile on everyone's face. Pro LGBTQ+ organizations held their banners proudly, marching while wearing matching shirts.

I had never seen anything truly as amazing as this. Men wearing long, flowing skirts passed by, smiles illuminating their heavily made-up faces. This was a place where everyone was accepted and could be loved for who they really were. I loved it.

"I think I might cry, literally," Thalia exclaimed, holding up an aro flag. "This is probably the most awesome thing I've seen in my life."

"Agreed," Nico replied, the two rainbows painted on his cheeks moving as he spoke.

Horns blared and people on motorcycles passed by, their bikes the colors of their flags. People surrounded the sidewalks, cheering at the top of their lungs as couples held hands and kissed. Teens and adults alike were grinning from ear to ear for the exact same reason. It wasn't every day that we saw stuff like this. Although it was 2019, homophobic people and comments were still everywhere.