Dancing

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for 4.1K reads. I'm so grateful to you all! Today I wrote a super short but fluffy one-shot for you guys, so I hope you enjoy. 

 I opened the old and musty copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone that Nico had bought me years ago, excited for a quiet afternoon full of reading one of my favorite books. It had been a long time since I had been able to just relax, with no other people around me. Not that I was an introvert, but even extroverts needed some alone time, every so often. Not too much though- otherwise I would go crazy.

Nico was in our bedroom, catching up on some work. I figured it would be a few hours before he emerged, or I started to miss him. God, sometimes being married to the love of my life was unbelievable.

As I started to read about the house on number four, Privet Drive for the thousandth time, I felt myself relax into the familiar warmth that reading a book brought me. Minutes passed, first five, then fifteen, then forty-five. On days like this, the passing of time seemed to be flexible, slower or faster than normal.

I looked up from my book and reached over to the coffee table to grab a sip of water. Nico was always on my case about staying hydrated. Which was funny, since I was the doctor in the house.

My concentration broken, I decided to scroll through Instagram for a few minutes, since I hadn't done so all day. Percy and Annabeth showed up on my feed, smiling and cuddling their newborn, April. I quickly liked the picture and posted a sweet comment.

I shut off my phone and curled up on the couch, ready to start reading again. Faintly, I could hear the strains of 90's dance music, specifically Dancing Queen by ABBA. The walls of our apartment building weren't that thin, so I suspected that it was coming from somewhere in my house.

Walking toward the bedroom, I figured Nico must have put on a random playlist and was just listening to it as background noise since he did that sometimes. Or he just liked this song. It wasn't a big deal- I was just curious.

I opened the door of our bedroom, only to be greeted by Nico dancing furiously on the bed, arms flailing as he jumped around. How did I not hear this noise earlier? It was funny how when I was deep in concentration, I blocked out the outside world completely.

"Young and sweet, only seventeen," Nico belted, his eyes closed.

I laughed inwardly at my normally reserved husband's antics. His dance moves were truly terrible and completely uncoordinated, but there was something adorable about them. I stood there, waiting for him to realize that I was in the room.

Finally, Nico opened his eyes, still jumping wildly on the bed. His mouth arranged itself into a shocked position, and he fell flat on the bed with a bounce as he stopped jumping.

"How could you have a dance party and not invite me?" I asked, a mock pout on my face.

"Sorry. It was kind of an in the moment thing," Nico replied, shrugging.

"Well, you can make it up to me,"

"Really?" Nico asked, rolling over.

"You can let me choose the songs," I suggested, winking.

"Fine," Nico conceded. "But you can't troll me on purpose."

"Nico, my dear, why would I ever do that to you?" I said in a fakely sweet voice, letting him know that I would certainly choose all the songs that he hated but I loved.

Nico made a muffled sound underneath the pillow that his face was currently buried in, but stuck out his hand to make a certain rude gesture at me. Laughing, I took his hand and we danced to the rest of Dancing Queen, sporting equally terrible moves.

So that afternoon, we danced until we couldn't breathe anymore until we couldn't think of any more songs to play, and until we were so thirsty that we would die if we didn't have water immediately. I couldn't think of a more perfect day than this.

Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you liked this one-shot! Please put any story requests you have in the comments- I really need ideas. Bye!