I'll Be There For You

*Josh's POV*

~*~

"I'm sorry, but, there's nothing more we could do." The nurse says and Riley sobs in my arms.

"No. No!" I say and Riley settles down on a chair. Jefferey tries to calm me down but I can't. "Because of me, Ava and Jack are dead. Because of me, we went to that party! I killed them!" I scream and Riley gets up.

"You told us that we shouldn't have gone, but we would've gone anyways! Don't beat yourself up for this!" Riley says, tears streaming down her face.

"How were we supposed to know they were drug dealers? How were we supposed to know those people were gonna start shooting?" Jay says from a distance. "Can we atleast see them?" I ask the nurse, who was surprisingly still there. She nods and we all follow her down to the room.

I push open the door and walk in. Ava and Jack are on different tables. But I got straight to Ava. Her long, brown hair is curled tonight and she used my favorite light, pink lipgloss. She wore a red dress, the one that drives me fucking crazy.

Her mascara was running, because when she was shot, she was in pain. But even before that, before she knew what I'd done, with her best friend, with that bitch, Riley, she had been crying. She was now dead. The only thing I really cared about, gone. And she died with a broken heart. Because of me. We could've had an actual chance if I hadn't gone and fucked it up.

If I hadn't gone and fucked her best friend, Ava might still be here and we coukd possibly be together.

I tried turning to my side and a sharp pain hit my entire body like a truck. I wake up and take in my surroundings. My arm and leg were in a cast and Avery was currled up on the couch.

Everything suddenly came flooding back to me and I sighed. I can't belive I got hit by an actual truck. I could've died. Emma could've died.

I reach over for my phone and call my house. "Josh? Josh, is it you?" James answers and I practically cry "Yeah, it's me, lil bro." I say, my voice craking.

"Are you okay? I got here and you're car wasn't here. Instead, there was another car. I grabbed the key from under the mat, and no one was inside. Where are you?" James says and he sobs into the phone and the tears that were threatning to spill, have finally fallen out of my eyes.

"I'm in the hospital, and I got into a car crash." I say, wiping the tears from my eyes.

James sobs and I hear him looking for something and then something crashed and breaks.

"What hospital are you at?" James asks me and I shake my head, even though he can't see me. "I don't want you worrying." I tell him and then he screams "Too late for that! You should've thought about it before getting into an accident! What hospital!"

I sigh and say "Durham Regional. Look, I don't want you doing anything stupid, okay? I have -"

"Too late. And as for doing anything stupid, you should start taking your own advice." He says and hangs up.

Well damn.

I stare at my phone for what feels like forever. "Josh?" I hear and I look up and Avery's rubbing her eyes.

"Hey. Did you sleep well?" I ask her and she chuckles "I'm supposed to be asking you that." She says.

"Well, I slept like shit. And, even worse, my little brother is most likely going to show up here and try to beat the living shit out of me." I tell her and she chuckles.