Show Me

*Avery's POV*

*Avery's POV*

~*~

"What did you expect? For me to fall back into your arms the minute you asked me to?" I shook my head in disgust.

"Avery, baby, let me explain," Josh says and I laugh. I legit laugh in his face.

"Don't call me 'baby' or anything else. As a matter of fact, don't talk to me or look at me or even think about me, Josh. It's been 2 months since the damn concert and you just now wanna apologize? What? Did your new girl finally realize she could do better?" I scoff, and start walking away.

"She meant nothing to me, I swear. You gotta believe me," Josh says, grabbing my arm and turning me around.

"All I hear are shitty excuses, Josh. If she really meant nothing, if you really liked me like you said you did, you would've never cheated. Hell, you never would've even looked at her twice when we went to Red Lobster," I tell him, yanking my arm out of his grasp and walking away again.

"You wanna know why it's over with her?" Josh asks from where I left him.

"I could care less why it's over," I call from over my shoulder.

"It's cause she's not you, she could never be you. Avery, I love you. I couldn't love another girl the way I love you," Josh yells out and I walk faster, not wanting to listen to his lies any longer. My phone buzzes as more texts from Josh comes in.

 My phone buzzes as more texts from Josh comes in

I roll my eyes, and turn off my phone instead.

~*~

"Can you believe him? Whatever, I'm just so ready to celebrate your birthday this weekend. You're so lucky to have your birthday during Spring Break" I tell Emma and she shrugs.

"It's just my 18th birthday, not that big of a deal," Emma says.

"You're finally a legal adult! How is that not a big deal," I ask and she looks down at her stomach. Well, fuck.

"Sorry..." I add quickly. Emma laughs and we pull up to Alexia's house, who rushes out the house before we even stop the car. She opens the car door and climbs inside.

"Drive,". Alexia says, putting on her seat belt. I turn back from the passenger seat and look at her. "You okay?"

"Seriously, just drive," She says and Emma pulls out the driveway.

"Hey, who's car was that in the driveway?" Emma asks and Alexia bursts into tears.

"I've been going with this guy for a couple months, he goes to Hillside," Alexia explains through her tears. I share a quick look with Emma when Alexia says Hillside. That high school was our biggest rivalry school, when it came to sports and grades. "He broke up with me, just now, because he realized he had feelings for his best friend... That's a girl." Alexia concluded. My heart ached for Alexia, she always seemed above crying over guys. Guess not everything is what it seems.

"You know what? Fuck him, he doesn't deserve you if he's gonna dump you over some basic girl who's gonna end up leaving him eventually," Emma says and Alexia wipes at her eyes, careful to not mess up her make up.

"She's anything but basic, I'm not gonna put her down just because he left me for her. It's not her fault that he broke up with me. He decided that he liked her as more than a friend, if she likes him back, that's them. Good for her for finding a guy, it just sucks cause that was my guy. She didn't have a fault in this. But fuck him, I can't wait for college. Just two more months, " Alexia states.

I share a look with Emma, and think about what Alexia just stated. She had a point, now that I think about it. It was never the other girl's fault when guys cheat on us. As far as I knew, the waitress who was apparently named Mirranda, according to Emma, didn't know about me and Josh. I needed to stop hating on her and putting her down. What was the point of that? In the end, she ended up with Josh and I didn't. But now, neither of us had him.

If I was being honest, my feelings for Josh hadn't gone away. If anything, this made me miss him more but I had to be careful about letting him back into my life. He was like a drug, even though I knew he was bad for me, I needed him to function. These past two months had been hell, as if I were having withdraw. He was toxic but he was what I needed.

Emma pulled up to the mall, and it drew me out of my daze. "Let's get you guys something hot, so you'l be able to pull some guys this weekend," Emma says, turning off the car.

~*~

The hour of Emma's party had arrived and let's just say, things were a bit chaotic. Well, in all honesty, chaotic was too bit of a small word for it. Things were getting out of hand and even Emma retreated to her bedroom to rest, if that's what she was doing. Riley had gone into the bedroom with her.

The amount of people that had heard of the party was shocking. People from different counties had heard about the party and the people just kept coming in. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to find a familiar pair of blue eyes.

"Ryder!" I exclaim and reach over to hug him, careful not to spill the drinks in his hands.

"Hey, Little A. How's it going," Ryder says, handing me one of the drinks and I thank him.

"Let's just say, I might have a terrible hangover tomorrow but it's all good," I laugh.

"Have you heard from any schools yet," He asks me and I nod. "Which ones?"

"UNC Charlotte, Winston Salem State, Florida State and Cal State East Bay. Still waiting to hear from Stanford, Princeton and Columbia before I make a decision. But what about you? Have you heard from any schools?" I tell him as we begin to walk around the house.

"I heard from UCLA, Seattle University, and Notre Dame and I decided to go to Notre Dame, since they gave me a full ride soccer scholarship," Ryder said and I squealed. 

"OH MY GOD! Ryder! That's amazing! When'd you hear?" I asked him as we made our way to the kitchen. 

"Just this morning. My parents were freaking out, they knew how badly I wanted to go there. Also the fact that I got a full ride will be enough for them to stop bothering me all the time." Ryder tells me and I laugh.

"My mom wants me to go to Columbia just so she can have bragging rights with all her friends to rub in their faces that her only daughter is going to an Ivy League school." I sigh as we finally make it to the kitchen and I reach over to grab one of the unopened tequila bottles. 

"Well, where do you want to go to college?" Ryder asks me.

"Stanford," I reply immediately. Ryder laughs at my instant response and I shrug. "It's a good school and even better, it's far, far, far away from here and my mom. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom but she's suffocating. She expects so much out of me, which I get since I'm an only child but sometimes it feels like too much." I cut myself off when I see Josh across the kitchen. "Fucking hell." 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

a.n : wow, its been a while since i last updated. i didn't mean to go ghost on you guys, i just suddenly didn't feel like i could finish this book. it became like a job and i had no inspiration but im back now, and after months of "rest" i have hella material to write about. thanks to those who still have my book in their library. love you all.