A Proposition

*Josh's POV*

~*~

My eyes look around the airport and I can't help but sigh. Of course my parents didn't come pick me up, they have better things to do; obviously. I roll my luggage cart and wait for a cab, once inside I look at the scene unfolding in front of my eyes and sigh. I hope being back in North Carolina will be better, because being in California made me get closure. That's something I needed, desperately. Almost too quickly, the cab arrives at my house and after paying, I unlock the door and step inside. The house feels different and cold. I guess my parents are home, for once.

I go up the stairs and head to my room to find James sitting on my bed. "Hey, where have you been hiding?" James asks bitterly. I smirk. "Nowhere special. How are things in the kingdom?" I ask him and he stiffles a laugh. "Not so great. The king and queen are finally home. So you can assume that the kingdom's under a dark spell." I jump onto my bed and my brother rolls to the side. "What are they doing back?" I ask him quietly. "I honestly don't know." He answers truthfully.

"I don't like it when they're back. And then they try to act like they've raised us and shit." I scoff. "It sucks." James agrees. "You want some food? I'm starving." I say and James nods. "Pizza?" He asks. "Pizza." I say and then add. "Maybe 'pizza' will be our 'always'." I quote The Fault In Our Stars. He laughs, shaking his head. "How's school?" I ask, changing the subject once again. "Decent. A little 'thug' if you ask me." James said. "Well, I am asking you." I remark. James rolls his eyes, gets off my bed and throws my car keys to me. "Let's just go." He sas. "Feisty, I like it." I tease and he rolls his eyes but smiles anyways.

~*~

"Don't make plans for tomorrow night." My mom says at the dinner table later that night. "Why?" I ask. "We made plans for us to go see the family tomorrow. You guys get to see your cousins tomorrow." My mother explains and I sigh. "Great." I say sarcastically. "Watch your tone." My father warns. "Yeahhh, can I be excused?" I say, already standing up. "You haven't eaten anything." My mother says and I'm climbing up the stairs when I yell out. "Not hungry." Just as I'm about to close my door, I hear my mother sigh. I unlock my iPhone and send a quick text to Avery, asking how her day went.

Averyy👑 - fine, but we need to talk.

I furrow my brows and groan. Those words are never good, but I have no idea how I could've fucked up so quickly. I just got back from California.

Joshie😊- what about?

Averyy👑- stuff

Joshie😊- what kind of stuff?

Averyy👑- just stuff.

Joshie😊- do i need to be worried?

Averyy👑- i dunno

Averyy👑- i guess

Averyy👑- probably

Averyy👑- maybe

Averyy👑- lowkey

Averyy👑- i gotta go

Averyy👑- bye

Joshie😊- not helping, but okay. bye baby girl 💓

*read 7:47 pm*

"Okay then." I say awkwardly. I go to my music icon instead, click shuffle and Pierce The Veil's "Tangled In The Great Escape" sarts playing. I'm as straight as a pole, but I am gay for Vic Fuentes; if I'm being honest. "I know you're tortured within, and your eyes like hungry again. But I'll never wander my friend." He sings and several Weeknd sings come on after. "I got her on her knees, like religion." He sings and then I feel the end on my bed sink. I remove my arm from my eyes and find Avery looking at me.