Waiting For The Day You Come Back

The days slogged by dully.Their home was again cleaned to spotless perfection;just like it was like two years ago when he first met Elizabeth.The feeling was different though when he walked through the old house,the first time they'd come to visit he was apathetic and thought that some work associates had come to stay for a few days.presently though,he could barely endure the wait It had been so long since they had last spoke together in a real space.How'd he take the wait before?They'd shared letters throughout the entire two years but that was so different from being around her.He held her last letter carefully in his hands and read the first paragraph in his mind again.

"Straits says we're finally visiting your home again!The travel will be tiring but I think it's worth it to be back in England.The weather is much more agreeable down there.As for when I arrive,I hope for your sake you're prepared to spar off against a far more experienced girl than the one you fought against two years ago."

He doubted he was really ready to face off against her again but he was excited nonetheless.

There was noting interesting to do in the house in the meantime though.He laid down on the vibrant and cushy grass,wind buffeting his hair and blowing into his face.Part of him regretted growing out his hair so long but the homage to Speedwagn's lost pride and joy was worth more than a little annoyance,and maintenance.Besides,it kept his ears warm when the air got cold.On hot summer days though he'd rater keep it pulled back.

"What's goin' on over here?"Ricky's voice sounded as he approached,his normal energized tone stirring George from his thoughts.

"Just some professional laurel-sitting."He said,pulling his knees up to be more comfortable.

"Sounds riveting"The Redheaded boy replied,letting his voice drawl as his green eyes rolled to the side.

"Isn't that the truth."He sighed."It's days like this that make me wish I had a little brother to play with."

A devilish smirk appeared on Ricky's face."Well your mother does look rather nice for her age.I hope you don't mind me taking up your quite generous offer in becoming your new stepdad."Those bushy red eyebrows bounced up and down in suggestion.

"No!"He tried to shout but it came out more as a desperate shriek.

"Pfft."The redhead snorted,sitting down next to George on the grass."Well what do you recon we do today?"

"I'm open to any suggestions"He shrugged absentmindedly,softly shutting his eyes to enjoy the breeze without hair flying into his field of vision.

"You said your father had a mansion right?And he lived in this area..."

He turned to look at his friend,one thick brunette eyebrow cocked up.

"We should go find where it used to be!"

There was a moment of silence between them as George's lips pursed together tightly.

"Ah yes,Because finding the burn-site of my ancestral home is just the perfect outing for a dandy summer day such as this."

Russet eyebrows knit together.

"Look,I know you're still curious about your father.I know it's not the best way to learn about him but we might find something there"

The brunette groaned and stood up,stretching his back."Alright,how do you plan to figure out where it is though?"

"Your father mentioned the creek that runs through here didn't he?"

George nodded,intrigued.

"And he carved his and you mother's initials into a nearby tree right?"