Sunlight On Your Shoulders

His eyes opened hesitantly to bright sunlight.An ocean of grass waved from all around.Where was this?Oh god his family.He called out to them but only the wind answered.Where were they?Where was he?The only discernible structure stood towering in the distance.As he approached it the silhouette became more recognizable with it's unique architecture.Tall and imposing,every bit grandiose.No doubt it was the Joestar manor though it appeared different.It was older,paint chipped and stone weathered by generations of storms.No this was not the same one he knew.As he drew closer a great black and white dog came barreling forward.It stopped obediently at his feet,it's whip-like tail lashing from side to side in excitement and it's pink tongue lolling out.That's when he heard another voice.

"Oh please wait up Danny!I can't run as fast as you."It sounded kind,serine,with a quiet strength.

The man looked up and two pairs of identical blue eyes met each other.The sprint turned to a jog and soon a walk.He had tears streaming from his crystal eyes.He was young maybe ten years younger than George yet they looked similar,same eyes,same body type and then it hit or rather he hit him.Before his mind could comprehend it those big arms were thrown around him.He quickly pulled away but kept a gentle grip on his shoulders.

"I'm sorry for surprising you."Another wave of tears came streaming down despite the man's attempts to wipe them away."I've just been waiting a long time to meet you."He wiped another stray tear.He held out a hand."Jonathan Joestar."

Now It was George's time to wrap his arms around his father for the first time.

"Welcome home my son."

(Author's note:Thank you so much for reading this story it took so long to write this like seriously I started this in august and finished it about two weeks before the pandemic and worked on this between and after classes.It was originally posted or at least usually posted on a weekly basis and I remember the late nights I stayed up to get a new chapter written on time.I really hope You enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it and I hope you have a lovely day/night wherever you are.)