New Horizons

Every day back home he thanked his lucky stars to have a warm bed,a hot meal and his wonderful wife back in his arms.

Only a few months later the over four year long great war ended.The royal flying corps still had use for men like him,there was plenty of work left to be done in the offices.On his first day it poured,the deep grey haze of clouds that blanketed the sky and sodden earth seemed to suck all life from the world.

An iron fence stood tall at the perimeter,protecting the dark brick building with it's sharp ends pointed to the sky.He proceeded through to the offices.Inside and out the place resonated a certain sullenly elegant aura.From the place's old-looking architecture to the silently aloof people moving through the halls.His footsteps seemed to echo through the near desolate hallways.Despite the atmosphere he was excited.His arms clutching a box containing little framed pictures and other keepsakes to decorate his work space,bright blue eyes flitting around the walls of the building.

His work space was small with minimal furnishings.A wooden divider exactly like the ones that separated all the other work spaces from each other,a desk and chair,with a typewriter.The lone sconce on the wall being the only source of light aside from the big windows that were near useless with the storm and only served to add an ambient pitter-patter.

Heavy footsteps approached from somewhere outside the confines of the space.They were slow and imposing,a deep sound that resonated though the chilled air.Lightning flashed as the tall figure came into view.The chair was already a tad short for his stature and the act of looking up at the man before him only added to his menacing demeanor.It was like he was a little boy again looking up to a stranger.

Standing up did nothing to stop the thorns of fear that seemed to grip him.It was irrational,like a wild animal seeing a human for the first time.They were at eye level and the feeling of unease would not leave.The cold anxiety mixed with an inexplicable distrust.The man hadn't even spoken to him and there was already friction.He attempted to quell both with logic.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover."His mother would tell him.

Face to face,George could tell this man's cover portrayed nothing but an iron will and ice cold intimidation.His skin was pale,near sickly pallid in appearance.With a solid jaw and a grave face that was marred with marks,scars presumably from war along with warts.This sunken eyes were dark and piercing with a red hue that must've just been a trick of the light.

He snapped out of his analysis when he realized he was staring.

"I'm sorry for just standing there sir you reminded me of someone..."

The man seemed to smile back though it seemed at least partially fabricated.And it could've only been a trick of the light but...Were his teeth pointed?

"It's quite alright,though I'd like to have a proper introduction."

"Of course,"He offered his hand."George Joestar.And you?"

The man shook with more force than necessary."Major Bolt.T.Headly I'll be your overseer here."

"Well sir,it's nice to meet you."It was partially a lie.There was still that stubborn wariness in the back of his m but as his mother taught,that was never a reason to be rude.

The rest of the day he was left alone.

For a while life was peaceful and quiet.The couple would wake up have breakfast together then he'd kiss Elizabeth goodbye before she went off to her job and then he would soon depart to his.In the evenings when they came back home,he'd make dinner and they'd spend the enjoying each other's company whether that be with their noses in a books or dancing in the kitchen with a bottle of wine.They didn't get too many visitors,it was usually was just the two of them alone in the house,not that either of them minded.