Hello And Goodbye

As time went by life in their life seemed to inexplicably go both faster and slower.The daily routine was the same yet so much quieter.Only the little world they'd created in the confines of their home mattered.That was until one grey morning when the paper came with a headline that shook him away from the pleasant little world they'd created.

It was just a simple missing person's case, nothing too special,people just went missing sometimes.They could've dropped dead somewhere,or fled the country,the person could've done just about anything but something about it seemed wrong.His eyes ran over one section again.

"They were last seen out on a London street before turning into a dark alley after dark.The area has been looked over for evidence but nothing has been found.As of now it is considered a kidnapping but we do not yet know if that is truly the case.If there are any individuals that have any information regarding this case please report it to the chief office of police in London."

His train of thought was broken by a smaller hand on his.

"Have you thought of any new baby names?"She was smiling down at him warmly,glowing in the light of early morning.

According to the physician the child was due any day now they'd gotten to the point were they were just biding their time until it arrived."Oh yes,I wrote them down just the other day!"He rushed to the coat rack and fished a little notepad out of the left coat pocket.By the time he'd gotten back to the table She had a notepad out with the list they'd been working on together.It had to basic coulombs for If the baby would be a boy or a girl.

With the pocketbook open he dramatically cleared his throat to speak."For a baby girl Grace,Aster,Dahlia,Holly,Zinnia,And Primrose."

She eyed him suspiciously."Quite a few flower names in there Georgie."

"I just thought they sounded pretty."He gently placed a hand on her abdomen;their eyes met."And If she grows up to be anything like you she'll be more than worthy of such names."

"And if we have a son?"

He looked back to the pocketbook."Aaron,William,Jackson,and Joshua."

"With the name William I fear he might end up being just as strange as that old baron."

"He might end up like that regardless."

"Very true."

The night came when George was jolted awake by a rough shake to the shoulder and the calling of his name.His eyes snapped open.

Elizabeth looked wild with her hair in disarray and worry wearing on her face."What's going on?"

"My water broke."

With those three words they blindly rushed out of the house in only their bed clothes and coats as sheets of rain came pouring down on them.He frantically waved for the first cab they could find driving in the dark.They jumped in and the driver sped off.The drive may have only been twenty-or-so minutes but it felt like hours as pure adrenaline pumped through their veins.

The hospital doors were swung open with a wicked crack as the couple rushed in.After a short apology and explanation to the front desk for all the commotion from George they were quickly ushered into a sterile white room.The doctors flocked to Elizabeth,each asking their own questions.All he could do was wait,worry,and hold her hand as each gave requests at rapid fire.

Hours slugged on as she bit through until they were at the bitter end.Elizabeth was one of the strongest people he'd even known and there she was,hair wild,eyes clamped shut,teeth grit,sweat coming down her forehead in beads.She said nothing but the harshly clenched jaw and ragged breaths told him this was a battle unlike any other.The force she held his hand with was beyond vice-like he feared the bones would shatter.She needed him here though and if his fingers break so be it.