26. it's out

a/n

thank you guys so much for 600 reads, it means a lot. and thank you to everyone who has been voting, I love you guys so much.

BELLA

As soon as we left the apartment, I immediately heard some branches ruffling, and kind of like shuttering sound. We were alone, so I really didn't know where it came from. "Did you hear that too?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah, but no one's here. It must be a rabbit or something." I said while looking around to see if I could see anything, but even the sidewalk was empty.

He nodded cautiously and opened the door for me to his car. I got in and reclined the seat a bit so I could lay down for a while.

"You tired?" Johnny asked as he came in. 

I hummed in response and closed my eyes. Someone kept me up until really late."

He laughed as I said this and I felt him take my hand. "You loved it."

I chuckled softly and squeezed his hand. Johnny's phone started ringing, which made him remove his hand from mine to answer it, which made me frown a bit. "Hello?"

He immediately put the phone away from his ear and winced as screaming came from the other side. He put his hand over the mic and mouthed, 'It's Laura.' I widened my eyes but nodded.

"Laura, I'm really sorry, something came up, but I'm with her right now, if you want to talk to her."

Oh, so this was about me not calling Laura back yesterday, when Johnny came into my apartment to tell me this. Shit.

"Alright yeah, we'll be there in a few, we're gonna grab some breakfast." He continued nodding as he listened to her. "Okay bye." He hung up and started pulling out of the driveway. 

"What did she say?" I asked him.

"She only said, she wanted to talk to you, but now she wants to talk to both of us." I widened my eyes and fidgeted with my rings nervously. "Did she sound serious?"

He gripped the steering wheel with his left hand and grabbed my hand with his other hand. "She sounded mad, but I don't know why."

"Maybe because I didn't call her back, she always gets mad when I forget to do stuff." 

Johnny nodded and I took the peaceful silence as a momento to close my eyes, relaxing a bit as his thumb brushed up and down my hand continuously. I noticed the car stopped moving, which meant we had arrived.

We stepped out and Johnny quickly came over to my side and grabbed my hand, but I swiftly pulled away from him shook my head, moving close to whisper in his ear as we started walking over to Davie's. "People are gonna start suspecting."

He shrugged and grabbed my hand again. "So? They're gonna find out anyway." 

"Yeah but what if they start saying that we're like our rebounds? We both just broke up." 

He shook his head and we started crossing the street. "I don't care what anyone says, Izzy. I want you."

I chuckled nervously and shook my head as I squeezed his hand softly.