Chapter 1

Harry point of view

Being in a coma is hell. I  was in an induced coma for 16 days or something... My brain tries to make some kind of sense of the limited sensory input like the sounds of the machines keeping me alive, the sensations in my body, the voices I hear...

In the beginning, I think the coma was not complete -- I felt my first emergency operation. I was in blue-white searing pain. I felt the knives slice through my flesh and every scrape of the scalpels as they slowly cut away my muscles and tissue. I screamed and screamed but nobody could hear me.

During the coma, I could hear voices and was trying to make sense of what they were saying. Their words often entered my dreams. My husband kept telling me "you're fine, you're fine" but I knew even though the coma that he was lying.

I had terrifying repetitive dreams from which I couldn't escape, couldn't wake up from, couldn't make sense of... I thought Obama was assassinated, North Korea had blown up the moon and the entire western world was encased in a tomb-like cruise ship by Muslim extremists.

I thought my husband had run off with another woman, took our child with him, and that he wanted to kill me...

The best thing that ever happened during my coma was when Dr said, "Mme. Harry, you are in a hospital. Your dream is not real. You are in intensive care." This strong male voice that made sense was the single fragile thread of hope that I clung to in my Harry-in-wonderland hell.

I tried to open my eyes but they feel heavy. I try to move my body but they didn't respond. I can hear some voices but he can't reply or respond to them. My mouth feels like dessert. Like I haven't drink water from the ages. I force my eyes to open and slowly my eyes open. I couldn't see clearly my vision was blurry. After a few times of blinking, it got clear and I see my husband standing next to me with tears in his eyes.

He yelled for some nurses and doctors. He kisses my Temple several time and holds my hand tightly like his life depend on it. The doctor comes rushing into the room with some nurse following him.  I tried to smile at them but my body didn't corporate.

I somehow try to force words out of my mouth "water" I mumbled.

My husband quickly took the bottle from the table stand and help me set a bit up. He places the bottle near my mouth and let me drink it. I felt better and lay back again. They send my husband out of the room and run some tests on me.

After several hours of running tests on me, they allowed my husband in and he sits near me. Luke my husband we married 3 years ago. We have a daughter. She is 2 years old. I marry luke because of my personal problems. Our marriage is just one side of love.

  I smiled at him and he asked the doctor when I can go home. "Soon you can take him home the "doctor replied and left us alone.

He looks at me with shine in his eyes " did you hear you can soon go home with me" I smiled at him and he picks on my lips.

" umm Luke where is our daughter, " I asked suddenly remembering my daughter. I looking around to see no one is there.

"What are you talking about Harry we don't have any daughter " Harry frowned at him.

" Luke come on its not funny tell me where is zayra?" Harry chuckled at his husband...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liking it.