TNWM: 9

The next morning Carson came down excitedly." Woah, what's with the smile?" Maddie asked as Carson sat down and joined his sister for breakfast since his parents are already out for work.

" I hear smiling? I heard smiling. Who's smiling?" Kenzie asked walking into the dining room and sitting down beside Maddie across Carson." Oh." Kenzie said as she looked at Carson who was smiling.

" What's with the smile, bro? Did Brynn said yes to the date?" Kenzie asked, Maddie looked at them shock.

" A date with the one and only Brynn Rumfallo?!" Maddie asked.

Carson rolled his eyes." First of all... it's just a hangout. I'm just going to take her for a picnic in the park." Carson said.

" So it's a date? Picnic in the park, it's like a classic date." Kenzie said.

" No, Kenzie, it's not a date. We're just friends." Carson said." So it's a friendly date?" Kenzie questioned.

" No it's- AAAH. Fine. A friendly date." Carson said frustrated.

" Awww. Honestly, you guys look good together. Especially at the party." Maddie said and Kenzie agreed." But yeah, if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't get a chance to hangout with her." Kenzie said.

" Shut up." Was the only word Carson could say at that moment. After eating they all got up.

" Hey, don't forget to come by at RDC after your date with Brynn." Maddie teased.

" For the last time. It's not a date." Carson said." Well, what if Brynn thinks it's a date?" Kenzie asked. Carson just shook his head.

" Whatever." Carson said wearing a cap almost heading out when Maddie snatched his cap before he leaves.

" Don't wear a cap, loser. You look like an idiot." Maddie said.

" She's right." Kenzie said. Carson rolled his eyes then head out getting inside his car and driving away.

" Wanna spy on them?" Maddie asked Kenzie." Ew. No. You creep." Kenzie said then left.

Carson arrived in front of Grandma Ally's house. He got down and knocked on the door, greeted by Kalani.

" Brynn! Your date is here!" Kalani shouts then turned back to Carson.

" Just wait a second." Kalani told him." For the last time! It's not a date!" Brynn shouts walking over to the door.

" Hi." Carson greeted." Hi." Brynn said. Kalani stood in between them awkwardly.

" Have a nice day." Kalani said pushing Brynn out of the house and closing the door.

Carson chuckled." What's so funny?" Brynn asked." Like literally, my sisters were just like Kalani this morning." Carson said as they walk to Carson's car.

" Let me guess. They were teasing you that we're going on a date." Brynn said as they stop in front of Carson's car.

" Yes, you're exactly right." Carson said as he opened the door for Brynn.

Brynn chuckled before heading inside the car. Carson went in and started the engine and drove away.

" So, what are we doing for today?" Brynn asked." I'm taking you in the park for a picnic." Carson said.

" I know, it's boring. I'm sorry." Carson apologized." No, it's fine. I kinda like the idea. Just chilling in the park and watching kids play." Brynn said then the local radio played one of Tate's song.

" Isn't that, Tate's new song? Your sister." Carson said." Yeah. It's funny cause Tate would get shy or awkward every time one of her songs get played on the radio while we drive." Brynn said laughing.