Classroom antics

3 weeks later

"Are you guys close?" I asked my mom as soon as I heard the tone that she's picked up the phone.
"We're pulling into the parking lot now." She said, a hint of laughter in her voice.
"Thank God. You can have the little demon back."
"Did you just call your sister a demon?"
"Yes I did. She's definitely transitioned from the terrible twos in a threenager and I'm done. Hurry up and get in here."

I hung up the phone and laid it on the counter, starring at Journi who was eating cereal.

"You're going home now." I said, crossing my arms.

"Good." She said, copying me and crossing her arms.

"And never coming back."

"Fine."

"Don't act like that." Ethan said walking around the corner. "You know you're going to miss her."

There was a knock on the door and I uncrossed my arms, walking over to it.

"Maybe. But right now, her and all of her sass can't leave soon enough."

I opened the door and my mom was standing there.

"Get your kid." I said walking away from the door and around the corner.

"What's her problem?" I heard my mom ask Ethan.

"She hasn't been sleeping a lot, and she's been getting a taste of her own sass." He laughed at the last part.

"I can hear you." I said, rolling my eyes and opening the guest room door, grabbing Journis suit case that was right beside the entrance.

I closed the door back and walked back to the kitchen, handing my mom the bag.

"Have fun at Disney. Stop by here before you go back home."

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" She asked, for like the fifth time.

"I wish I could but I can't. I have to go down to the school all this week. Plus I just went like a month ago. You guys have fun." I said, grabbing my water bottle off the counter and taking a sip.

"Okay. Well, we'll see you in five days then." She said, hugging me and kissing the top of my head.

"Okay. Bye." I sighed.

"Bye pain in my butt." I said, kissing the top of Journi's forehead before picking her up off the barstool and handing her to my mom.

"Bye dummy." She said, sticking her tongue out at me just before my mom closed the door and they were gone.

"Now that's she's gone and it's quiet....I miss her." I sighed, walking over to the couch and plopping down on it. "Not enough for her to ever come back and stay three weeks again, but I still miss her."

"She'll puppy dog eye her way into staying with us again sooner or later." Ethan said, walking over to the couch and sitting down, picking my feet up and putting them on his lap.

"Mhm. Yeah probably." I sighed, closing my eyes. "Do I time to take a nap before Gray gets here?"

"I don't know, probably." And just as he finished answering, the doorbell rang. "Or not."

"Why does he even bother? I know he made a copy of the key." I sighed, sitting up.

"Who's ready to build!" Grayson yelled, walking in the front door and shutting it behind him.

"We're just painting today." I said standing up as sliding on my crocs that were sitting beside the coffee table.

"But I brought my tool belt." He said, looking like a lost puppy.