Can I Have This Dance

Ethan's POV

About 20 minutes after Haley fell asleep, I felt thirsty so I unwrapped her arms from around me and got up out of the bed, finding a pair of sweatpants to throw on before walking out to the kitchen.

Grayson, Jaelyn, Anisa and Cam were all sitting on the couch watching a movie. I nodded my head at them as a greeting before grabbing a cup out of the cabinet to get some water.

"Haley feeling better?" Cam asked me, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Yeah. She said she just got too much sun." I lied, taking a sip of the water.

"Can we talk about the elephant in the room for a second?" Jaelyn asked, pausing the movie and crossing her arms before turning towards me.

"What elephant?" I asked.

"Why did you come in here yesterday with like four bags?"

"I'm temporarily moving in," I said, like it was obvious.

"Why?" She asked, her eyebrow raised.

"Because my mom invited Claire to live in my house without mine or Grayson's permission because she gave her some sob story about how she doesn't have anywhere to stay out here."

"Does that bitch not have anything else to do besides messing with people's lives?" Jaelyn sighed and sat back. "How did Haley react?"

"She was pretty calm about it," Grayson said as I leaned against the counter. "Ethan more than over reacted, but Haley basically told him that she was fine with Claire staying at our house."

"Of course she did," Jaelyn said smacking her forehead. "She has southern hospitality running through her veins like a goddamn poison."

"So you're staying here until Claire leaves?" Anisa asked. I nodded.

"Why is this girl so fucking hard to get rid of?" Jaelyn asked incredulously. "If I hear about her causing trouble one more time, someone is going to have to help me hide her body."

I cracked my neck, trying to relieve the stress of hearing Claire's name. I looked at Jaelyn with a face that I'm sure said something like "Tell me about it".

"Well, unfortunately she's going to be around a little longer. We're just going to have to wait until she leaves." Even I could hear the disappointment in my voice. I started to zone out until I heard a gasp and looked toward the couch again.

Jaelyn sat up and looked between all of us, and if we were in a cartoon there would've been a light bulb floating above her head.

"Why wait for the wicked bitch of the west to leave when we could?"

"Where do you suggest we go?" Anisa asked, looking at Jaelyn like she was crazy.

"I don't know and I don't really care as long as it's at least six hours away from the Evil Queens' new residence."

"So, what, like San Francisco?" Grayson asked.

"Sure, why not?" Jaelyn shrugged. "Let's just take a trip. We can forget about all the drama and just hang out together. Swim, play games, grill, all that good stuff. It'll be fun.

"I mean, I don't have anything else to do this week." Cam said sitting back and resting her feet against Haley's coffee table.

"I'm in." Grayson nodded.

"Well I'm not staying here alone, so I'm in," Anisa stated.

"Great," Jaelyn said clapping her hands together. "Ethan?"