Meetings

Why is it that when you cry you eyes out, you wake up with what feels like a hangover? I rolled over in my bed and grabbed my phone off the charger, pulling the blanket up over my shoulder once I had it because it was freezing in here. I scrolled through Instagram and tiktok for a while, finally giving up to watch Netflix.

I was halfway into the movie I was watching when I got a text from Ethan.

Baby 💙
Good morning ❤️
We got called in for an emergency
wakeheart meeting so I'm not going
to be able to make our lunch date ☹️

Me:
That's fine babe. You go do your
business man stuff 💙

I'll make it to you.
Dinner tonight.
I'll pick you up at 7.

Sounds like a plan

Also cam and my mom are coming
over to your place for a girls day if that's okay.

Why wouldn't it be okay? I love
them 😂

Yeah yeah, I know.
I postmated all of you guys
breakfast, it should be there by
the time they get there.

Why are acting like you did something
you shouldn't have 🤔

I'm trying to spoil three of the
most important people in my life
and one of thems friends. What's wrong
with that?

Nothing I guess. I'm going to
hop in the shower so I'll talk
to you later

🥺 without me?

Goodbye Ethan 🙄

I put my phone back on the charger and rolled out of my bed so I could go take a quick shower before Cam and Lisa got here. I grabbed a pair of leggings and one of Ethan's Tee-Shirts out of my closet and underwear and a bra out of my dresser before walking into the bathroom.

I didn't end up washing my hair because it was going to take some time, but I did wet it so I could brush through it.

I turned the water off and grabbed my towel before stepping out of the shower. I quickly dried off and got dressed. As I was getting ready to brush my hair, the door bell rang.

I grabbed the brush and turned the light off, running down the hall to opened the door. I looked through the peephole and saw that it was Lisa and Cam. I unlocked the door and opened it for them.

"What? We're you trying to defend your house with a hairbrush?" Cam asked, looking down at my hand. They way I was holding the brush kind of looked like I was holding a knife or something.

"What? No." I said, using the brush for it's intended purpose. "I though you were the postmates so I ran out of the bathroom."

"I think he was pulling into the parking lot behind our Uber." Lisa said, sitting her purse on the counter before walking into the living room and sitting on the couch. "How have you been hon?"

"I've been good. A little stressed about the move and getting all my paper work ready to be able to teach in this state." I said, flipping my head over so that I could brush my hair easier.

"Well honey, I'm sure that you'll get them approved. You're grades were amazing, and you graduated early. They'd be stupid not to approve you. Plus you've already got the job at the school pending paper work approval, so I think it's going to be smooth sailing."