A fever you cant sweat

"You have a fever." Ethan said, taking the thermometer out of my mouth and examining it like he had a medical license.

"I'm fine." I rolled my eyes, sliding on my nikes.

"We're not going, you're sick." He said, walking over to our bedroom door and blocking me from passing.

"Ethan, I said I'm fine. We're going to be late, let's just go."

"Call you mom  and tell her you're not coming." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ethan." I sighed. "It's just a sinus infection. I'm going to take some muscinex and I'll be fine."

"I'm not riding in a car with you for six hours if you're sick. I'm not trying to be snotty."

"News flash dumbass, we sleep in the same bed everyday. If you were going to get sick, you already would have. I'm not fucking contagious."

"Whatever." He said, unblocking the door. "But if you puke in smooth cat, you're paying to getting her detailed."

"You and the fucking car." I said walking past him and out into the hallway.

...........

"Can we stop for food?" I asked, turning my head over and looking at Ethan.

"We've not even been driving for an hour."

"A snack then?"

"Look in the blue bag in the backseat." He said, smirking. I looked at him confused before grabbing the bag out of the backseat and unzipping it.

"When did this get in here?" I asked, looking at the bag full of snacks.

"Last night. You always stop for snacks, no matter how far we're driving and I wanted to stop the least amount of times as possible, so I packed you a snack bag."

"I can't tell if this is a gift for me or for yourself. But I appreciate it." I said grabbing a pack of gummies before putting the bag back in the backseat.

"Do you want one?" I asked, holding the open packet towards him.

"No thank you." He said, smiling before reaching his free hand over and resting it lightly on my thigh. "We've got about 4 hours left, how much of that are you planning on staying awake?"

"All four of them." I said, mouth full of gummy. "I'm too snotty to sleep."

"Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. It's very unlikely that you'll stay awake the whole time."

"Wanna bet?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Always." He smirked. "What do I get when I win?"

"I don't know, you tell me." I shrugged. "But when I win, you have to buy me those shoes I was looking at the other day."

"What happened to 'I don't want you spendin' none of your money on me, you spend enough already?'" He asked, also mimicking my accent.

"First of all, I don't sound like that and second of all, I really loved the shoes and I can make an exception."

"Fine. But if I win, we do that thing we did that one time."

"The thing I said never again to or the thing I said never again unless the situation was right and the moon and the stars were in the right position?"

"The second one." He smirked.

"Fine, whatever." I said, holding my hand out for him to shake it. "Deal."

..........

"Okay, now can we stop for food?" I asked after we had been on the road for two and a half hours.