Friends and Letting Go

"Have fun picking up your mom and sister." I said as Ethan was leaving while also grabbing the Oreos out of the cabinet.

"I will." He said laughing. "I love you."

"Love you, see you tomorrow." I called back.

"You know," Jaelyn said opening up my fridge. "When you said you were getting an apartment in LA, I kind of figured that you were going to move in with Ethan."

"What?" I asked, choking on the bite of cookie that I had in my mouth.

"Yeah, I did too." Anisa said, grabbing an apple out of the bowl on the table before going back to the living room and sitting on the couch.

"Why the fuck would I be living with Ethan?" I asked, grabbing my water tumbler before walking towards the living room.

"Because he's your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, and? We've been together for less than a year." I said, sitting on the couch.

"Whatever," Jaelyn said rolling her eyes. "Is this couch safe to sit on?"

"Why wouldn't it be?" I asked confused.

"Well, you live alone now. There's no telling all the places where you've had sex lately. I'm not going to find like a cumrag or used condom stuffed in the cushion, am I?"

"Yeah. No, the couch is clean." I sighed, eating another Oreo.

"I don't believe you." Anisa said, slowly standing up from couch.

"We haven't had sex on the couch." I said, grabbing the remote and turning on the tv. "We haven't had sex anywhere."

"But you moved in like two weeks ago." Anisa says, sitting back down on the couch.

"How long has it been?" Jaelyn asked, eating my last pack of gushers.

"Since spring break." I said, clicking on Netflix and going to Criminal Minds.

"Why so long?" They asked at the same time.

"Well, for two months there was an entire country between us."

"What about when he came for graduation?"

"His family and all of my family from out of town were staying in my house. No alone time."

"And what about the two nights that you stayed in a hotel when you drove here?"

"Lacey stayed with us. She wanted $1000 to sleep in dads room and I wasn't about to buy into it. God knows what she wanted it for." I sighed. "Look, I don't want to talk about this."

"But what about now? You have your own apartment, there's no family around, so why haven't you had sex for the past two weeks. He took you to fucking Disneyland for crying out loud." Jaelyn asked.

"I haven't been in the mood." I lied.

"How can you not be in the mood? You guys literally never detach from each other."

"You know there's more to a relationship than sex." I sighed, pausing the tv.

"Okay, but you have to have a reason to not want to have sex. Like she said, you and Ethan are sex magnets." Anisa said, looking at me.

I sighed and stood up, walking to the kitchen to put the Oreos back.

"Because I've gained like 20 pounds since the last time we did and I just haven't been feeling it." I said, leaning against the counter.

"I'm 100% positive that Ethan doesn't care if you've gained 20 pounds or not."

"Yeah, but I care. Not necessarily about how I look because I've never gave a shit about that. But I can feel that I've gained the weight and I just feel sluggish and gross."