Chapter 40: One down

Mia's POV:

I let go of Justin's hand, allowing myself to sink into the water.

I open my eyes and look at the sun through the water before looking at the fluffy clouds, smiling a little.

I see Justin rise back the surface through the water.

I let myself relax and sink a little further.

This is like last time, except I don't feel pain. I feel relaxed. I feel free.

My anxiety for cliff diving and water is gone.

It's like this was some type of therapy for me.

It worked well.

The next thing I know I see Justin swimming down towards me. His hands reach out for me and he grabs me tight. We both rise to the surface and I take slow, deep breaths before opening my eyes.

"Mia! Are you okay?!"

I ignore Justin's concerned question and admire the beauty of nature around me.

The breeze is steady and calm, the sun still shining bright, the water soothing me.

"Mia!!!"

I look up at him.

"I'm fine Justin."

"You sure?! Why'd it take you so long to come back up?! Baby, talk to me!"

I wrap my arms around his neck, pecking his lips.

"I'm fine babe. I promise."

He sighs in relief.

"Well, let's go back. How do you feel?"

"I feel fine," I answer.

"Good."

* Later *

My bodyguard pulls up at the Apollo Theatre. I'm honestly surprised this show even sold out. It's not too big, and not too small.

My bodyguard's name is Joe. He fuckin' huge and he looks like he can kill someone just by looking at them. But, hey. I guess for safety reasons that good.

I also have a few others, but I forgot their names already.

Two of my bodyguards are in the front seats, and the others are in the car behind us.

We pull up and I see a bunch of people standing outside in a fence around.

Piercing screams start to fill the air, making me smile.

"Wow, they must be excited," I say.

"Well, yeah. They're your fans," Joe says.

My jaw drops. I have fans?

The park is parked and my bodyguards get out first. Joe opens the door and the screams get louder. I smile and wave at all of them.

Many of them motion me over to them to take pictures, so I go over, my bodyguards following me.

I take a picture with a girl, who looks like she could be sixteen.

"Oh my God! Mia, I love you so much! I love you and Justin!"

I smile at her. "Thanks love."

"Can I have a hug?"

"Of course," I say.

I hug her and smile at her. I go on from fan to fan, taking pictures and saying hi. Some are crying, some are screaming, but all of them have a smile. That makes me smile.