Chapter 22: Dream

Mia's POV:

I intertwine my fingers with Justin's, watching him remain still in bed.

"C'mon Justin. Wake up babe," I whisper.

It has been a week of him being non responsive.

I fuckin' hate it.

I have heard the doctors and nurses having conversations about him, saying that him being non responsive is not gonna end well.

That pulls they think I might have to come to the conclusion of pulling the plug.

No. Hell no. I cannot pull that fuckin' plug.

Justin is my everything. I know he's gonna wake up. I know he is.

I know he's in there.

Brandi has been watching the kids for me lately. I didn't really want Pattie doing it because Justin is her son, and I know she's hurting also.

But, I can't help but feel angry at her.

She's the reason why I was in rehab. She brainwashed Justin. 

I can't help but feel she made my life worse than it already was.

She's why Justin reacted like that. She broke him. She broke him into tiny little pieces.

Which resulted in the fight, he flees, and the next thing I know my husband gets in a car accident.

Fuckin' bullshit.

He made me feel beautiful. He made me feel special. He made me feel somewhat worthy.

* Flashback *

"Because I love you Mia," Justin stresses to me.

"I don't know if I can believe that anymore," I say.

I give up. I fuckin' give up on life.

What's the point of going on if I'm not happy? I'll just continue to live a sad and depressing life.

We've just finished dinner, and he was just explaining to me why he wants help me so much.

He grabs my hand and walks into the other room, having us both stand outside a huge mirror.

He wrap my arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"What do you see?," he ask.

I roll her eyes.

"Justin, this is stupid."

"Babe, you're not trying," he point out.

"What's the point? I'm ugly as f-"

"Oh, shut up. You're fuckin' gorgeous," he says, cutting me off.

I get a little frustrated.

"What do you see?," he asks again.

I take a deep breath.

"I see a weak girl who needs help, but help won't have her at this point. I see a girl who gives up on life and wants to leave the world. I see me, the weakest person on Earth."

He tightens his grip around me and kisses my cheek.

"Sorry. Wrong answer."

I groan and look annoyed.

"I see a girl who deserves to be in this world. I see a girl that's broken, but being with me and time will help her get better. I see you, the strongest, most beautiful person in the world."