Chapter 2: Help

Okay, I made a mistake. So, you know how Rosie and Alex where born a year after Kenzie?

Yeah, I don't know why they are still babies. They're supposed to be three by now.

I'm surprised no one noticed that.

Once I noticed, I was like "Holy fuck!"

So, um.... I don't know what to do now. 

I think I'm just gonna make the twins still eight months since you're used to that.

Also, most of the book for Life as Makenzie was a dream. 

So, Kenzie dreamt that Rosie and Alex were fifteen, but in reality they were almost fourteen.

Ya know, since she could dream anything in a coma. So, yeah. 

I hope that small change doesn't upset or confuse any of you.

Enjoy the chap!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Same scene as last chapter *

Mia's POV:

I manage to control my heaving breathing while embracing Justin tight.

I don't know what happened. It's like, once I saw the knifes, it had me in a trance. I had horrible flashbacks about the cutting and the suicide attempts. I was so terrified.

"Mia," Justin calls, causing me to feel the vibrations through his chest.

I pick my head up and make full eye contact with him, getting lost in his chocolate brown eyes.

"Babe, you gotta get better."

I sigh and look down.

"I'm trying Justin. I'm trying."

"Are you?," he asks. 

I bite down on my lip as I feel him place my on the counter.

"Baby, look at me," he commands.

I turn my head to the side and ignore him.

He takes his thumb and his pointer finger, grabbing my chin and turning my head to face him. 

"Don't you see how much I love you? How much I care about you?"

"Yes Ju-"

"No, Mia. You don't," he says, cutting me off.

"Last month, I thought you died. It felt like my heart dropped out of my chest and I had no heart. I felt like I had no motivation to live, no motivation to breathe. I love you more than anything in the world and I want you to stay here. But, I feel like half of you wants to stay, the other half way you to disappear."

I sniff, attempting to hold back to tears.

"S-So, what?," I choke out.

"So what? Mia, you gotta try. I don't wanna lose you."

I sigh and he takes my hand, placing it on his bare chest.

He clenches my hand tight. 

"Do you feel that?," he asks.

I raise my eyebrows. "Feel what?"

"My heartbeat," he answers.

I nod.