Chapter 1: "I'm Jonah by the way"

I keep sitting in the hospital waiting room thinking about what happened that day. I know I shouldn't, but I can't wrap my head around it.

"You should go home, you've been here all night again." Nathans mother looks at me as she walks out of his room

"I want to be here when he wakes up," coffee is the only thing keeping me going.

I'm at the hospital every day. I live here. Every day I sit here and watch the car crash play over in my head. We were going to build a life together, we had both gotten into the college that we wanted, and our dorms weren't that far away from each other. I've known this man since I was six years old, never would I have thought that I would be sitting in an uncomfortable, plastic hospital chair outside of my boyfriend's room waiting for him to wake up.

"I'll call you when he wakes up," Mrs Walker doesn't hate me, but she doesn't like me being here.

"I'll say goodbye to him quickly, then leave" sadness filled my voice.
I watched as she walked off to get herself another cup of coffee before walking into the room sitting next to him.

"I can't get that day out of my head, our graduation day, it was meant to be and was going to be one of the best days of our lives, and instead we ended up here. God, I want to hear you sing again even though you are entirely tone-deaf, I want to wake up to find you in the kitchen cooking us bacon and eggs and drenching yours in ketchup. We only have a month until college starts, so wake up for me, pull through for me. I love you, Nathan Walker, I'll see you when I come back."

Walking out of his room and down the hall, with my bag of stuff, I see a boy maybe the same age as me perhaps a little older making out with a nurse right next to the elevator against the wall. Making a fake vomit noise, I press the button and wait for those metal doors to open. God could they open any slower. Finally the elevator doors open and I quickly walk in to get away from the two love birds in the hall. To my surprise, he had followed me into the elevator pressing one of the buttons to go down. Watching as the doors close.

"You know you didn't have to pretend to throw up; you could've just ignored us," The man said, standing there.

He looked as if he was around 19/20, he was tall with dark brown hair and bright greeny-blue eyes.  He was absolutely beautiful. I ignored his comment not really caring what he said.

"I'm Jonah by the way, not that you needed to know that."

"Well Jonah, I'm Peyton, not that you needed to know that either."

The door opened, it was my time to leave. Thank god. I fix myself up quickly and go to walk out.

"Hey Peyton, before you go, I'm sorry for earlier but I gotta please my girls" I could practically feel the smirk.

Er, his "girls." Rolling my eyes I leave, I'm not going to be one of his "girls" I've got a boyfriend, and I really don't need a fuckboy like him in my life.  Soon enough, I find my car and drive home. My parents were surprised to see me, I don't blame them for being surprised, I'm never at home anymore.

A little wave that's it, that's all I give them. I grab a towel, and my hair turban, which was hanging on the door handle, walking into the bathroom listening to the ceiling fan turn on as the light does. With a twist of a handle, the hot water comes streaming out, turning the cold water tap to make it just the right temperature. Slipping the clothes off my olive skin, I step into the steaming shower letting the water drip down my naked body. I allow my heavy eyelids to close. My body manages to balance as I stand there under the water with my eyes closed. Realising that I would fall asleep if I stay like this, I move forwards opening my eyes.

An hour or so later, I had finally finished in the shower and changed into something more appropriate than just a towel. I walk -stumble- down the stairs so I  can go fill up the plate sitting on the table, telling me to put the food that was just cooked on it.

"How is he?" My dad looks at me concerned

"He's still the same."

I picture how he looked in my head, machines everywhere, each for a different thing, one monitoring his heart and one giving him fluids and more. He looked so sick. I have never seen him that way before, don't get me wrong I've been there helping him when he is ill but never when he is in this shape.

I can't get this Jonah guy out of my head. He had at least 5 tattoos, he would've only been 19 or so, and he already has that many? Yeah, you can tell the type of person he is just by his actions. Let's just say I hope I don't see him again. I can't help but wonder though, why was he at the hospital in the first place? Let's be real here, he was probably only there for the nurse who must be one of his 'girls'.

"Peyton, if you don't hurry up and eat I'll throw it to the dog," I must've drifted off into my thoughts as I was the only one at the dining table.

Scoffing down my food quickly, I get up placing the plate and cutlery in the sink ready for them to be washed. I make my way upstairs and into my bedroom that looks like it hasn't been touched in days. Laying down on the bed, I allow my eyes to shut and for my body to fall asleep. I would be up bright and early in the morning anyway.

-

A/N First chapter! looking forward to a lot more. When Peyton talks about being able to see what kind of guy he is by his actions she doesn't just mean his tattoos she means by him talking about being a player and making out with the nurse. I love tattoos, I;ve got one on my wrist and have so many more planned. How is everyone doing today? Good, I'm hoping :) see you next chapter!