Chapter 33: 'endlessly for an eternity'

"Be my girlfriend?" Jonah blurts.

"W-what," I stutter, unsure if I heard him correctly.

"Be mine. Let me be the one you come home to, let me be the one you think about, let me love you endlessly for an eternity. From the minute I laid eyes on you, my world changed. Like I'm finally seeing things in colour. Peyton Lily Marie, will you be my girlfriend?"

My stomach is swamped with butterflies, my heart feels warm. Am I dreaming? Is this just some sick dream? I pinch my arm, wincing slightly.

"I would love to be your girlfriend," I deadpan.

I thought I made it obvious I wanted to be the night of the party. Jonah leans down slightly, a grin on his lips. I stretch up, placing my hands on his cheeks, connecting our lips. The kiss is soft, yet it says a thousand unsaid words. I smile into the kiss, pulling back after a second.

"Peyton!" Alex calls.

I turn to find where Alex's voice came from. Alex, Dylan and Olivia walk over to me, smiles all on their faces. I run over to Alex, wrapping my arms around his torso. He was still sweaty, but I didn't care. This was the first college game I've watched him play, and he killed it. It was a few seconds before we both pulled away.

"Who's this?" Liv asks.

I feel Jonah's presence behind me. His arm wraps around my waist, holding me close to his side. Alex has always been unsure about Jonah, mostly because of his stereotype within the school. I don't blame him. I was unsure of Jonah to start with. Heck, I wanted nothing to do with him, but something kept pulling me back, and I'm so glad that something did.

"Dylan, Liv, this is Jonah. My boyfriend."

A look of confusion washes over my brothers face, quickly changing to a more protective look. Dylan looks Jonah up and down, studying him. Oh no. I know what that means. Dylan looks at Alex, both of them coming to the same silent agreement.

"Peyton, Liv baby, would you excuse us? Alex and I want to talk with Jonah."

I look up to see Jonah already looking down at me. He looked confused yet somewhat nervous and concerned. I hesitantly move away from Jonah, encouraging him to go with them, knowing it would make them more annoying if he stayed.

"Be nice," I warn them with a glare.

-

"YOU TWO ARE DATING?" Corbyn yells excitedly.

"Yes Corbyn, now stop yelling." I groan. 

"I knew it!" Zach exclaims.

"Jonah, may we have a word?" Daniel asks, his arms folded over his chest.

"I've already been given the 'talk' dude, don't need to hear it again."

Dylan and Alex gave Jonah an earful. Liv and I watched from afar. Jonah said the boys listened though, they were nice. My heart is finally warm, like the missing pieces of the puzzle have been found. The puzzle is finally complete. It may be a little irrational, but I think he's my soulmate.

The boys continue to talk, but I stand there, flicking through my memories. The first time I met him at the hospital. The strong attraction I felt towards him, wanting him to be close to me. The disappointment when he left. When he caught me wandering around the hospital when I should've been in bed. All the times we ran into each other in our large school. Or the plenty of times I've seen him with other girls. Oh, how that thought makes my insides boil.

The night we had sex makes its way into my mind. He carried me inside so I could rest a little longer. Jack sat on the couch, watching us through curious eyes. We lay on one couch, cuddling, enjoying the feeling of being beside each other. My body felt exhausted like I had been working it for hours on end with no break.

"Angel,"  Jonah whispers.

"Mmm," I hum.

"I have to go. The hospital called, something came up with my gran. I'll be back as soon as I can, okay? But for now, you should rest okay? Jack is right here, and everyone else is around here somewhere. You'll be okay. I'll be back soon, love." 

"Stay safe, Jo." I plead.

"I will, angel, I will." 

I vaguely zone back into reality.

"We haven't all had a session to write in far too long," Daniel says.

What writing sessions? The boys major in music. That could be what they're talking about. Confused and slightly uninterested, I sink back into my memories.

"Jacky, come sit with me," I mumble sleepily.

Without a second thought, he gets up, moving over to me. My head falls onto his lap, a smile wide on my face as I think of the few hours which had passed.

"He likes you, you know?" Jack informs.

"I know," I sigh, a content sigh. "I really like him too."

Jack plays with my hair, listening to me ramble on about Jonah until I give in and fall asleep. At one point, I feel myself being lifted off the couch and placed back down somewhere else.

"Sleep well, Mi Amor," someone whispers, a gentle kiss left on my forehead.

"Peyton? Are you okay?" Jack asks, drawing me away from my thoughts.

"I'm okay, just reminiscing over some of my favourite memories," I assure.

"Well, you can do that another time, come do karaoke with us," Zach asks if you can even call it a question.

-

The next chapter is the final whos ready? anyways that's my excuse for this shitty chapter.