Chapter 31: Feelings

The house filled with people quickly, students scattering through the house out to the backyard. I hold a cup in my hand as I greet a few people who make their way inside. Not wanting a repeat of last time and not wanting to go to class tomorrow hungover, I stick to the one drink.

Jonah and I met briefly when he came downstairs. He had styled his hair. It no longer laid over his forehead. Instead, it was pushed back, making it look fluffy. He wore a black button-up with some black ripped jeans. His shirt shows off his biceps, giving me another reason to stare. He looks good. Our conversation didn't last long before he was pulled away by his teammates.

All five boys are on the college football team. Alex plays on the football team too, so when I don't have class, I watch them practice. The first practice of theirs I watched didn't go so well. I had sat there for a good five minutes before I started to have a panic attack. I wasn't over Nathan, and seeing him on the team really messed me up. Jonah obvious noticed and came over to calm me down. Jack and Daniel being the protective "older brothers" they are, started an argument. Corbyn and Zach rushed over to me, trying to make me laugh.

The coach was yelling at them to get back on the field yet, Jonah refused. He would not leave my side until he knew I was and would be 100% okay.

"Peyton! Come dance with me," Zach yells over the music, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Isn't it really crowded out there?" I question.

"It's a little crowded," he agrees. "But it'll be fun."

I think about it for a second, "Okay, yes, I'll dance with you."

I down the rest of my drink, throwing it into the bin. Zach grabs my hand, leading me outside and onto the 'dance floor.' The music blares, slightly hurting my head. But tonight, I don't care. For a while, I dance facing Zach. However, his hands move to my waist, spinning me around. I know Zach means no harm because Zach knows who my heart beats for.

I continue to dance, my back pressed against his chest. I look around the space outside. I scan through faces I don't know until my eyes lock onto the greeny-blue eyes I've grown obsessed with. His face is hard, his jaw clenched. He grips the cup in his hand. He grips it so hard. I'm surprised it isn't broken. His eyes go from me to Zach, scowling at him. He downs the rest of his drink before standing up, walking inside.

"Excuse me," I mumble to Zach before following.

I move in between people, following him upstairs. He doesn't look back. He just continues to walk down the hall. He stops in front of his bedroom door so he could unlock it. We learnt to lock our doors after we catch two people having sex on Daniels bed - shock horror, it wasn't Daniel and a girl, just two randoms. Jonah steps into the room, disappearing from my sight. I walk down the hall and into his room. Within a few seconds, the door was closed, and I was pinned against it, my hands pinned above my head.

"Jonah," I began.

"Were you having fun out there?" Jonah sneered.

Is he... Jealous?

"I was having fun. Not that it really matters, but Zach knows his boundaries. He and I both only like each other as friends," I state.

His eyes lighten as they look at me, trying to see if I'm lying. When he finds nothing, he sighs.

"Just friends?" He asks, his voice softer.

I nod, "Just friends."

Jonah's face hovers above mine, his eyes lingering between my eyes and my lips. Our breathing becomes heavy, both of us wanting something. Neither of us moving.