Chapter 32: Game day

It's been a week since Jonah and I had slept together. Neither of us talking about it. We were both busy. I had assignments after assignments. Jonah had football practice for their football game tonight. The only time Jonah and I are spending together is when we sleep. I wonder if he regrets it? But if he regrets it, would we be sleeping in the same bed every night?

That annoying alarm goes off on my phone as it does every day, just at different times. I lean over, shutting it up. Jonah sleepily pulls me tighter to his chest, his face nuzzling into the crook of my neck again. Almost instantly, my body reacts to his touch, leaning into him. My eyes close, my body relaxing, my mind forgetting about getting up. When my alarm goes off again, I sit up as best I can. When did I fall asleep?

"Stay," Jonah grumbles.

"I have class soon. I can't stay," I softly reply.

"Will you be at the game tonight?" he mumbles, eyes still closed.

"Of course, Jo, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

I sneak out of bed and to the closet. I grab out a grey crop top, my jeans and a jacket. I walk into the bathroom to change. My hair is a mess, my eyes have small bags under them, I overall look like shit. I apply my usual mascara before walking back into the room. Jonah lays spread out on the bed, a small frown on his lips. My phone buzzes, reminding me I have class in a few minutes. Slowly, I walk over to Jonah, leaning over, placing a soft kiss on his creased forehead. His frown disappears, and his face becomes peaceful again.

I grab my bag, racing downstairs. I grab an apple from the kitchen, saying a quick hello to Jack before making my way to class. I made it to my business management class a few minutes after it started, walking in with a few other students.

"Welcome back. I hope you've all completed your assignments. It'll help you with today's lesson."

The class went by fast, but then again, when you enjoy something, time tends to do that. As I walk to my next class, Olivia calls me. It's been a while since I last saw her and Dylan, but hearing her voice makes me miss her less.

"Come have lunch with me?" Liv asks.

"Wait, you're here?"

"Yes silly, Alex has his first football game of the season."

"Well, I have class now, but I'll message you when I'm free sound good?"

"Sounds great," she agreed.

Our call ended not too long after that. The rest of the day went by fast. I went to my classes, had lunch with Olivia and by the end of it, I had an hour before the game. My phone buzzed in my pocket, a message lighting up the screen.

Jonah<3: Come see me for a few minutes when you finish class. I want to see you before the game.

I walk from class straight to the field where I see the boys practising. I slowly walk over to the bleachers, sitting down, watching Jonah dodge his teammates. After a few minutes coach gives them a water break. Jonah looks around, spotting me almost instantly. His face lights up as he walks over to me, holding a football jacket.

"Hey, angel," he smiles.

"Hey Jo," I greet. "You feeling ready for tonight's game?"

"As ready as I'm gonna get. Here," he holds out the jacket. "I don't want you getting cold tonight."

My stomach swarms with butterflies, my cheeks burn a bright red, and my lips tug upwards into a smile. I take the Jacket from his hands, neatly folding it over my arm.

"Thank you," I blush.

Jonah smiles, "You're cute when you blush."

"Jonah, come on man we gotta get back- oh hey Peyton!" Corbyn exclaims.

I send him a little wave before turning back to Jonah. "Go, go practise. I'll see you tonight, okay?"

"I'll be looking for you," Jonah promises.

Just as he's about to leave, I stop him, "A kiss for good luck?"

where the hell did that come from?

Jonah's face lights up. He walks back over to me, closing the gap between us, smashing his lips onto mine. I hold his face in my hands as we kiss, sparks flying everywhere. He pulls away, a smile prominent on his face. I let my hands fall to my side as Jonah runs back onto the field.

"Do I get a good luck kiss?" Corbyn asks, puckering his lips.

"Shut up, you idiot," I laugh, pushing him out towards the field.

Corbyn gave me a cheeky smile before running back into the field behind Jonah. I watch for another minute before heading back to the frat house. I spend the next hour baking food for when the boys come home, already having a good feeling about tonight. After cleaning everything quickly, I race back out to the bleachers. Olivia and Dylan call me over to where they saved a spot.

Our teams run onto the field first, each player looking over the crowd of cheering students. Jonah catches my eye, his body was tense, yet his eyes had a kind of shine to them. The opposing team makes their way onto the field, a few students from their school cheering. I move my attention from Jonah to Alex, giving him a proud sister smile. I travel down the line to Zach, Jack, Daniel and Corbyn, giving them the thumbs up.

The whole game, we sat at the edge of our seats. The scoring was close, either team could win. Our team was ahead by a couple of points. However, the opposing team was good. With a few seconds on the clock, Jonah gets the ball, running for the touchdown. As if time slows, Jonah dodges the other team, making the touchdown.

"And the Violets have won!" the spectator announces, the crowd erupting into cheers.

I walk down to the field. Jonah runs over, picking me up, spinning me around.

"We won," he says, letting it sink in.

"Yes, you did!" I agree proudly.

Jonah places me down but I pull him into a hug, letting his scent mixed with sweat fill my nose.

"Be my girlfriend?" Jonah blurts.