Chapter 2: Greeny blue-eyed boy

Six o'clock start. Sleep isn't essential to me right now, Nathan Walker is. Mrs Walker hasn't left the room so I'd say she's still in there asleep. Two hours pass, I had gotten comfortable on the plastic hospital chairs and gotten out one of the books I'm currently reading. Ding, the elevator doors open and out comes Jonah with two coffees in his hands.

"Thought I might see you here," chuckling lightly, he sits in the chair next to mine.

"Here, I got you a coffee."

I wasn't going to reject it, after all, I am bloody tired.

"Is this your apology for yesterday?" an eyebrow raised, I stare at him.

"I suppose you can say that, " chuckling he takes a sip from his coffee

We sat there for a few minutes, in silence. We both stared at Nathans door, I was waiting for it to open and Jonah? I have no clue why he was still here staring at the door.

"I don't know who's in there, but hope they get better soon. I need to go see someone myself, bye Peyton."

Waving a little, I pick up my book reading again. My brother, Alex, is best friends with Nathan, so he comes every few days or so to see him.

"You never leave this place, do you?"

"Shut up, Alex, you know I do." rolling my eyes I look up at the door that was now opening,
Mrs Walker walks out of Nathan's room and looks at me with a qualifier smile then turns her head to Alex.

"It's nice to see you again, Alex, it will be good for Nathan to hear from you again, please go in and see him. I'm going to grab myself some coffee and breakfast. I'll be back soon."

I watch as she leaves and Alex enters the room closing the door behind him. Bored and having nothing better to do, I place my book on the chair as I get up and walk down the halls. You never realise how plain and dull this place is until you're walking around the halls looking at plain nothingness.

The walls are white, little patches of where something hit the wall or where something had been smeared down the wall, there were a few paintings but nothing else. The floors, were also bland, white tile, nothing fancy about it either. They had scratch marks on them here and there and it looked like it could be cleaned again other than that, nothing.

"You aren't allowed to smoke in here gran,"

That voice sounds familiar, very familiar actually. I turn the corner looking into the rooms, (the rooms that had their doors open)  to find where the familiar voice was coming from. Boom, there he was. Jonah was sitting on the end of the bed playing cards. Should I stop and say hi? Should I keep walking? Too late, he saw me.

"Peyton, hey" He smiles,

"Hey Jonah," I smiled back awkwardly, walking to the door.

I look around the room, noticing the big window. The lady, who I presume is Jonah's grandma, has such a nice view. It's a pity she can't go outside. Well, at least I don't know if she can go outside.

"Are going to just stand there, or are you going to come in and introduce yourself." Jonah's grandmother asks in an opinionated way.

"Sorry," I walked in and over next to Jonah "I'm Peyton, Jonah and I met yesterday outside of the elevator." 

"Let me guess, he was making out with another one of his whores?" she rolls her eyes.

"Gran!" Jonah exclaims. 

I feel my cheeks heat up as the memory of yesterday fills my mind. A nurse pinned against the wall, next to the elevator, his tongue was down her throat. One of his hands pressed against the wall, while the other was roaming her body. I remember Jonah following me into the elevator a smirk played on his lips. He is attractive, tall, with longish dark brown hair, light greeny-blue eyes I can see how he gets so many girls. Although he seemed to be nothing but a player, someone who enjoys having multiple women at a time, someone who dates short term or doesn't date at all. 

"Peyton? are you alright?" Jonah questions, staring intensely at me.

His words snapped me out of my thoughts, with a smile I nod and look up at him.

 "Sorry, I got lost in my mind for a second" I giggle out of embarrassment.

"Since Jonah is too rude to introduce me, I'll do it myself" Jonah's gran speaks as she rolls her eyes at Jonah, "My name is Elizabeth Marais, I'm Jonah's grandma."

"It's nice to meet you Mrs Marais" I smile, 

We talked for a little while, played blackjack a few times before I made my way back to Nathan's room.

I had completely forgotten about my book that I left outside of his room, so I pick it up and sit back on the chair. It was 4:30 by the time I arrived back. I had spent all day with Jonah and his grandma, but it had taken my mind off everything. Jonah seemed really nice, and Elizabeth was really funny, she was so sassy for her age, but I loved it. 

I guess Alex had gone home because when I knocked on the door Nathan's mum answered, she smiled weakly at me, opening the door without saying a word. I sat down next to Nathan's bed looking at him with soft eyes he looked pale and lifeless. It broke me to see him like this. He was the man I love. 

As I stare at the man I love, my mind wanders back to the day of the accident. Nathan has been the only man I've ever loved. The only man I've ever been in a relationship with, but he is all I need. I try and stay focused on Nathan, but my thoughts wander back to the green-eyed boy. What is it about the greeny blue-eyed boy?

-

Hey wassup, lovelies hope you're enjoying it so far. This is definitely the best book I've written so far, in my opinion anyway so I really do hope you like the story. How is everyone going today? have you eaten? drank some water today, smiled? Have a good day lovelies