Chapter 17: Lies (Taemin POV)

~ ~ ~

"Naeun?" I called her name worriedly. "Naeun?! Naeun il-eona!!"

She did not show signs of responding. That was making me worried to the core already. Well done Lee Taemin...

Thinking back I really should not have given her the bracelet like that. Honestly, after the rough day she had so far, it was a really terrible time to do so too. Who knew that project partners soon become lovers and then haters in just the space of a few months.

"Lee Taemin you pabo..." I mentally facepalmed. "Now she won't even listen to you."

But I was genuinely worried for Naeun...

...although part of me prayed that she was somehow getting her memories back. After all, I did give her the bracelet as a surprise and wanted to tell her that on the day she saw me with Minah (ironically enough). But everything turned out the opposite and I ended up trying to forget the events that day, and ultimately Naeun herself.

Still, it was amazing how the rosary bracelet survived the... No, stop it Taemin. Don't relive that day.

People around Naeun have been telling her that she got into a car accident that day, which resulted in her getting amnesia. It was for Naeun's sake, yes. But I knew the real truth, and I even experienced it myself.

While Naeun was working on her designs, I politely did not insist we looked into the internet and see if the rumour of us being together was on front page, or even a hoax. But now, with her in her current state, I figured that I had to find out for myself what was going on.

So I opened my laptop, that she was using, and searched the site I used to catch up on celebrity gossip. Yes, us idols do that too, mind you.

After just 5 seconds, I found the original article where the whole rumour started:

(~Article~)

'Updated: SHINee's Taemin suspected to be in a relationship?'

[Soompi] It seems that there is another idol couple is making the headlines from SM Entertainment as SHINee's Taemin was seen together with a woman, whom at this moment is unidentifiable.

Dispatch has released photos they captured one evening in October at a sports field in Taemin's old school. In the photos, Taemin is shown acting "very close" to his partner and they seemed to be "having a good time". They then walked off towards a car "hand in hand" and Taemin sat in the driver's seat.

Dispatch followed the car towards an apartment, where Taemin and the woman entered together.

After the release of the photos, netizens began to throw in possible identities of the woman in question, as the night and low light made it difficult to identify her.

Taemin, who is also a part-time story writer for an online book community, recently stated that he is working with a web designer who would help provide illustrations for his upcoming work, as one netizen states that "She could be Taemin's work partner and they were meeting at night because of his busy schedule.

Soompi is currently waiting for a reply from SM Entertainment regarding this issue. Stay tuned for updates.

[Update 2] A sharp eyed netizen noted that the woman in the pictures "has a vague similarity to Apink's Son Naeun". Naeun is currently in the midst of promotions for her group's new song 'LUV' with the rest of the group. Soompi are reaching out to ACube Entertainment about this issue and awaiting confirmation.