Chapter 13: Danger-ous (Taemin POV)

~ ~ ~

After all the hype of my promotions, now it was a good time to focus on the project. Right now, there was nothing much for Naeun to help out with in terms of illustrations. Honestly, Naeun had done a lot, and I am pretty sure that the readers will also be fascinated by her efforts.

Besides, right now she cannot be too deep in thought about illustrations. She told me that Apink was making their comeback soon. Preparing for the comeback is definitely going to be straining, so she needed to focus on that.

Perhaps because of that, I also had been experiencing difficulty contacting her. But even so, Apink does have a lot of free time in between practices compared to other groups. So...why can't I even speak to Naeun once? Her handphone is not with her?

In the meantime, the other SHINee members have been checking up on me and my progress with my story. Of course, I got constructive criticism and support from them all, but they were all jealous that Naeun was the centre of attention in the stories.

"Naeun ssi is so damn lucky to have met someone like you!" Onew complimented once.

"Dangyunhaji!" Jonghyun agreed. "I'm envious..."

At such comments, I just give a small smile in acknowledgement.

As I typed away, the doorbell of our dorm suddenly rang. We weren't expecting any visitors to begin with, but still, my mind presumed it was most likely Naeun. I hoped she's coping well with all the trainning and stuff.

Jonghyun hyung had beaten me to the door first. After looking through the peephole, he stepped away, presumably to let me go to the door, which I did.

"It's Naeun right?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Um...Taemin ah..." Jonghyun was sounding hesitant. But I was perhaps too excited to pay attention to him.

As soon as I burst open the door though...

"Omo! Oppa! I did not expect you to greet me at the door!" the guest was elated.

Now I guess it was fortunate that I stopped and got a good look at her. I managed to come to my senses, because the guest, or should I say the two guests, were not even from Apink. Maybe, I'll say that they were from Apink's rival group...

...Girl's Day.

Yeah, I guess it was safe to say that.

Anyway, standing in front of me were Yura, otherwise known as Kim Ahyoung, and...Minah.

To this day, I still remember Minah as a classmate from my school...but that's it. Sure, like most male idols, I'm attracted by her cute charms and captivated by her vocal abilities in Girl's Day. But, my mind has always told me not to get too comfortable with her...and I still don't know why...

Turned out it was Yura who greeted me earlier on. Minah had stayed quiet during the greeting...

Slightly sad that Naeun didn't come, the SHINee members and I escorted them into our dorm. So, what was the purpose of their visit?

"Actually," Minho explained, "Girl's Day came back from Singapore just a few days ago. They bought us some stuff and I thought it would be nice that we invited them over for dinner too!"

"Minho yah..." Onew looked at him, "you just want to get closer to Yura ssi, right?"

"Well...and that too..." Minho admitted.

Almost instantly, I heard a series of collective gasps and squeals from the members and Girl's Day. Yeah, in case you don't know, us SHINee members are like die-hard Girl's Day fanboys. But of course, recently I became the anomaly with Naeun as my girlfriend...