Chapter 9: I'll Help You (Taemin POV)

~ ~ ~

At times, I was wondering whether agreeing to turn up at Apink's dorm was such a good idea. I mean, I thought it would be fun for the members to know how far we are progressing with our project. But in the end, it was all like a matchmaking session...not that I didn't enjoy it though.

Naeun was too uncomfortable. Otteokae?! Suddenly I felt bad.

Well, since I was here, I thought maybe now would be a good time to help Naeun out. She has to remember her past somehow. And I learnt from the Apink members that they've tried everything, but to no avail. Then again, if there was anyone who could help her, that would most likely be me.

Even though it was late, I knew there was one place that perhaps could trigger some memories, and I intended to take her there.

"Naeun and I need to work on our project," I announced after helping out with the dishes.

"Eh?" Naeun asked a little shocked.

"Sure, why don't you work here?" Hayoung asked me.

"Ah, about that, we need to work outside...because there is better inspiration for us," I explained.

"Oppa, why-" Naeun asked before I hushed her.

"Arasso," Chorong allowed us. "Make sure you take care of Naeunnie~"

Don't worry, I will earnestly do that.

Soon, Naeun and I got ready to leave the dorm. Eunji jokingly gave me warning eyes before our departure. Haha~

"Oppa, waeyo?!" Naeun was in a panicked manner once we drove out.

"Remember what I told you the other time," I questioned. "About your memories?"

In truth, I really wanted to help her without her members knowing. I was a little worried they'd create another awkward atmosphere for us. Once Naeun and I were alone, there's no such thing as awkward.

"You said you'd help me...remember them..." Naeun uttered.

"Yep. Since I remember most of them, I'll take the lead," I spoke with confidence.

"Kamsahabnida~" Naeun answered. I could see her smile out of the corner of my eyes.

My first destination in mind was somewhere quite close to mine and Naeun's hearts when we were in elementary school; none other than the sports field nearby. Slowly, I planned to use these memories into my stories too. But that's later...

"Oppa," Naeun was looking around in the now dim-lit surroundings, "uri neun yeogiseo (where are we)?"

"It's a sports field," I stated. "You'll know what I'm hinting soon when the memories come back."

The seating area was obviously empty as there was no one exercising this late. We picked seats that had a good view of the field. The floodlights provided some source of light so we weren't draped in complete darkness.

"So, we are here now," Naeun pointed out. "What's the memory?"

My, she's eager isn't she?

"Cheon cheon hi Son Yeoshin," I calmed her down using her nickname (that she told me of course), "retrieving memories is not as easy as it seems. It involves using what you have to your advantage too."

"Huh? what do you mean?" she was puzzled.

"An artist like you probably has some form of photographic memory right?" I threw the question at her.

After hesitating for a while, she nodded.

"Daebak~" I smiled.

"But how did oppa guess so well? I mean it's true though..." Naeun was surprised.

It turned out that since Naeun's accident (which was still a touchy subject for both of us), something must have happened to her because she seemed to have the ability to remember every single place she visited, food she ate, people she met, and pretty much everything. It's one of the reasons she got her part-time at the web design place.

"But, even with this ability, I still cannot remember anything from before the accident," Naeun explained.

"Still, I guess it makes our work easier yeah?" I asked.

"Why?" she rebutted.

"Not just from our project point of view, since I need you to draw this sports field, but you need someone who experienced your past with you in order to trigger them," I theorised.

"No duh sherlock," Naeun laughed.

"You actually have a photographic memory of your past," I told her, "just that something is blocking access to them, and I'm here to help lift it up and away."

"I guess...you are right, oppa," Naeun nodded in agreement.

I proceeded to tell her the memory slowly like it was just another normal conversation. I told her about the sports events we took part in after we got closer in third grade. Then came the day when Naeun won her first track event on sports day. She came running up to me and thanking me for training her and giving her advice. Even after we separated, when I won my own track event a few years later, she still politely congratulated me a few times...

Ah...those were the days~

"Oppa," Nauen was really curious, "how come you don't want to try running now? If you are such a great sportsman, then..."

"I didn't pursue it because I found better passion in singing shortly afterward," I explained.

Perhaps it was fate that we were destined to meet like that...as hallyu idols.

"Are some memories coming back?" I wanted to know about Naeun's condition.

"I'm trying to imagine them as realistically as possible. That way, I can remember a bit more at a time," she reassured me.

As long as she remembers in the end, it would be ok, I told myself.

Realising Naeun was starting to feel tired, I decided to drive her back to the dorm. I made sure to leave the location details for the sports field just in case she wanted to go back for any memory recollection. I mean, all her memories would not return overnight, so it's best to only do these kinds of things once every week or two.

By the time we reached the Apink dorm, it was just before midnight. I knew that Naeun had another schedule at a university the following day so she really needed to rest.

"Thank you for this evening's enlightening conversation oppa," Naeun looked at me with that sweet smile of hers.

"No problem Na-" I was going to finish my answer when she silenced me with her kiss.

"Arasso oppa, you should rest too~" she laughed.

Her kiss always left me speechless. She's really a yeoshin, I swear, keke~

~ ~ ~

A/N: TaEun are getting closer through this! Another kiss scene, again with Naeun making the first move~

I thought a short chapter is good this time around. There has been a lot of drama in the other chapters.

Vote + Comment~