Chapter 4: Approach With Caution (Naeun POV)

~ ~ ~

Taemin oppa passionately told his planned story to me and I was busily taking down notes that I could use to help with my designing.

Although I liked the storyline, somehow, I was not entirely confident that oppa should go forward with it. Well, there were many reasons from my perspective, but I felt that oppa, being the experienced writer, would know better...so I did not intially ask about his intentions.

Hang on...was I getting a bit jealous? Sure, the storyline is about trying to remember an old friend, who is also a yeoja...but this is just a work of fiction, so why am I feeling that pang of jealousy hit me?! Ok, calm down Naeun.

"Oppa, that sounds like a really good plot!" I told him still trying to think positively. I noticed he was still in a daze, perhaps out of trying to remember his past.

"Oppa? Oppa?" I tried to get his attention.

Sigh...

"TAEMIN OPPA!" I finally shouted.

"Oh, mianhae Naeun ssi~" he apologised.

I laughed at his behaviour. Ah, how embarrassing he was...but still he's kind of cute. Wait, did I just think that. Oh well...

"Anyway oppa," I continued, "the plot is a great one. I do have some good ideas for designs...but..."

"But what?" he asked.

Looks like I have to ask him now...I thought.

"Do...you really want to...remember her?" I asked him.

Though I expected it, strangely, oppa hesitated for a while. Waeyo?

"I know it is from my personal experience..." he told me again. "But..."

Why was it so hard for him to tell me? I don't know this yeoja he was trying to remember anyway.

"Oppa..." I tried speaking to him.

"Actually, I 'll save that story for another day. We...should get on with our project."

Well, Taemin oppa was right. We're together because it is a project, not for sharing love lives. But we are singers...so what's wrong with singers gossiping?

 (~2 hours of talking later~)

Taemin and I discussed loads for our project. Thanks to his ideas, I had great plans for the illustrations for his story.

Oppa said he wanted to publish his story for his fans to read. He believed that they'll surely like it, so much so that he plans to finish the first chapter by tomorrow. Honestly, I wanted to read his story too.

"Your design ideas are actually quite good Naeun~" Taemin continued to compliment me.

"Aniyo~" I acted modest. "People are much better than me, oppa."

We had already left the cafe and were heading back towards Taemin's car. I told him I needed to head back to ACUBE for vocal trainning with my fellow Apink members and being Taemin (don't even know why I'm acting as though I have known him for ages...), he offered to give me a lift there too. Kind-hearted man if I say so myself.

But we were still not that close. If we wanted to be really honest about it, I guess we were more comfortable with our fellow members than with ourselves. That explained why in the car again, we didn't talk much.

"It's actually hard for me to get close to others," Taemin told me. "because I'm SHINee's maknae. I'm always amongst people who are older than me, even F(x)."