Chapter 19: We Saved Each Other (Taemin & Naeun POV)

~ ~ ~

(Taemin POV)

If memorable had another definition, I would definitely use what I just heard and saw as that definition. And that would be your yeoja standing up for you. It's not every day that something like this happened, but what Naeun said to the reporters was perhaps the most heart-touching moment of my life.

Why was it the case you may ask? Well, Naeun remembered much of her past at last. Maybe the bracelet had something to do with it? Either way, I felt tears welling up in my eyes, and I just felt like crying my heart out. But mindful of the reporters' presence, I held them in.

These days, idols don't openly break out the news of their relationship in front of reporters. But Naeun was the recent anomaly. Actually, I was planning on revealing that she was my work partner for my story in a few days time. But I guess the arrival of the reporters made it such that the news would come out earlier.

There had been a temporary standstill as the news of our relationship started to sink in to the reporters. Additionally, it was the height of Apink's promotions for 'LUV' and for that matter, she had to leave for her upcoming music stage in just over an hour. Having to deal with this stress of a confirmed relationship rumour was certainly going to affect her performance.

"Y-y-ah Son Naeun!" Minah suddenly shouted. I forgot she was still around. Perhaps she was reeling in the shocking truth that a hoobae was being disrespectful.

"Waeyo unnie?" Naeun challenged. "Are you going to say that I was being disrespectful to you? Because you are no better by lying to the public and your fans."

That hurt Minah's self-esteem. She could not form an explanation for that.

"Naeun ssi," a reporter suddenly asked. "Do your members know about you and Taemin?"

Without hesitating, Naeun answered, "They do. Just like how the other SHINee oppas know about us too."

At that, the reporters were suddenly jotting down notes and some of them were even posting on SNS already. Eventually they too also left since they had enough information from us to confirm Naeun and I were indeed in a relationship.

As for Minah, she took a lot longer to let reality sink in. Before leaving, she embraced me one last time and solemly trudged away from the dorm.

Finally, her job done, Naeun packed up her stuff and was ready to head off for her performace with the rest of Apink. She told me that it would be the performance for 'Show! Music Core' at MBC; the same production company that aired 'We Got Married'. Oh the coincidence...

I offered to give her a ride out to MBC, to which she gladly accepted.

"Kamsahabnida..." I spoke to her for the first time in forever. "You...were great there..."

"No worries oppa," Naeun gave a half smile. "I did what I needed to do, and should have done ten years ago."

"You finally remembered everything?" I asked now on the verge of tears again? "Like every single memory?"

"I suppose," Naeun answered. I could tell she was also prepared to open the floodgates.

"Even...that incident?" I asked.

At that, she still looked at me dazed. Either she did not recall that, or she was too traumatized from her memory regain. Still, she deserved to know, but after her performance of course. For now, I'll just presume the latter.

Just as we were about to get in the car, I saw Key hyung make his return to the dorm. When our eyes met, he immediately confronted me.

"Yah Lee Taemin! It's true isn't it?" he seemed both concerned and elated.