86. Get One's Wires Crossed

The next morning, Dong Hua attended a meeting with Su Moye while Feng Jiu was busy preparing her presentation for the second round of the competition.

After the meeting ended at lunch-time, Dong Hua brought Feng Jiu out for lunch at a nearby Chinese Restaurant. It was the same restaurant where Feng Jiu saw the attacker stalking Dong Hua a few months ago. She silently thought to herself, "This brings back a lot of good and bad memories. If that incident didn't happen, Qingti wouldn't end up in a coma." Months have passed since then, but Feng Jiu still found it hard to forgive herself for what happened to Ye Qingti.

Dong Hua noticed Feng Jiu deep in her thoughts, and he asked her concernedly, "What's wrong, Xiao Bai? You don't like it here? We can go to another restaurant if you want to."

Feng Jiu frowned and shook her head gently. "No, it's not about that. I was just thinking about some stuff."

"Tell me what's wrong." Dong Hua replied worriedly. Feng Jiu pondered for a while, "Should I tell Dong Hua the truth? I guess I could tell him a little."

Then she looked out the window and replied softly, "Well... A few months ago, I was buying dinner here, and I noticed someone following you after you left the office building. I found it a little weird, and that guy was acting really shady, so I decided to follow the both of you. I'm glad that I did because he would have hurt you badly if I didn't do so. I guess you already knew what happened after that."

Dong Hua smiled and gently patted Feng Jiu's head, "Oh, so you were thinking of me. I thought that you were thinking of someone else."

"Well, I was." Feng Jiu replied without thinking. "What? Who?" Dong Hua widened his eyes and stared at Feng Jiu.

Feng Jiu immediately realized she accidentally said what was on her mind, and she quickly brushed it off. "Oh, it's just an old friend. Can we not talk about this?" Then she promptly waved for the waitress to come over to take down their orders.

Dong Hua nodded his head, but deep inside, he was feeling paranoid and jealous again. "Who is Xiao Bai thinking of? Why did she not want to talk about this?" Then he sipped on his Iced water and stared out of the window while deep in his thoughts.

After Feng Jiu ordered food, she tried to change the topic to break the silence. "So, should we buy a wedding gift for Si Ming and Yu Xi too? I was thinking of getting some baby stuff for them as well."

Dong Hua snapped out of his thoughts and replied casually, "I'm not good at buying gifts. You can decide on what to get for them, and we can get them together one of these days."

Feng Jiu then suggested a few items, and Dong Hua just nodded his head in approval. At this time, Dong Hua was still feeling bothered about what Feng Jiu said, and he couldn't focus on the topic. "Who is her old friend? Could it be that guy that I saw in the pictures back at her apartment? Xiao Bai is usually open towards me, but this time she refuses to talk about it."

To Feng Jiu, it was a painful past, and she refused to open up about Qingti. She thinks that escaping from the topic was the best way to go, but she didn't realize that this would add on to more misunderstandings in the future.

Both of them then quickly finished up with their lunch and went back to work.

----------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Su Moye and the gossip duo were having lunch together in Lian Song's office.

"Welcome to our Tea Gang, Su Moye. I heard from Lian Song that you executed Plan H-angover, and it went really well." Si Ming shook Su Moye's hand firmly.