30. Dilemma

Feng Jiu drowned herself in work, and she worked as many shifts as she could get. The motivation to pay off Ye Qingti's medical bills, kept her going.

She kept herself busy so that she wouldn't over-think as well. During her off days, she would either visit Ye Qingti or spent it with her friends and having fun together.

----------------------------------------

On the other hand, Dong Hua had been buried in work.

During Dong Hua's disappearance, Lian Song told everyone in Tai Chen Group that Dong Hua was away for an important business trip. He didn't want to cause any alarm or panic within the company.

But there were still rumors spreading about Dong Hua being missing, and that Tai Chen Group was going to go bankrupt.

Upon hearing such rumors, several employees left the company, after being poached by a rival company, Mo Jie International.

Lian Song also had his suspicions on Miao Luo for being the mastermind behind those attacks.

Although Dong Hua was already working around the clock for the past few weeks, Tai Chen Group was still in a dire situation, due to the lack of manpower. 

Tai Chen Group had a very strict policy on their hiring process. To get a job there, candidates will need to apply through the internship program, or through recommendations by existing upper-management employees.

But Tai Chen Group also holds an Annual Mass Recruitment Event, where they would open up job positions for other candidates to apply.

Interested candidates would have to go through multiple interviews and a series of tests before they could successfully land a job there.

----------------------------------------

Dong Hua called for a small meeting among the management team, to address the lack of manpower issue. Lian Song was out for a business trip again, so he missed the meeting.

"I have decided. The 'Annual Mass Recruitment Event' will be brought forward this year." Dong Hua announced it to the management team.

"Do we have enough time to prepare for it?" A few concerned employees asked.

"The decision is final. Work overtime if you need to." Dong Hua replied firmly.

Dong Hua was known to be a cold and heartless person, to all his employees. He was indifferent to others' wellbeing, and work was the only priority to him. Nobody dared to speak up against him, or they risk getting fired.

"As all of you here know, we are dealing with the issue of having a lack of manpower. Due to the recent plagiarism incident, we will need to be more strict on the hiring process. A new Executive Manager will be joining us from next week, onwards. Si Ming is an old friend of mine, and he will be managing a new team under the design department, alongside Ji Heng."

"I'll be sure to help him out." Ji Heng replied to Dong Hua, trying to please him.

Dong Hua totally ignored Ji Heng, and he continued talking.

"I also looked through the list of past candidates from our internship program, and I have decided to hire Feng Jiu to be Si Ming's assistant. That girl is deemed trustworthy, and she would be a great addition to the company." Dong Hua announced.

Feng Jiu was actually the only one selected from the Internship Program, and this was also Dong Hua's way to make it up to her secretly. Although Dong Hua could have given her any job in Tai Chen Group, he wanted to make sure that he gives her a job that she would thrive in.