27. Back To Reality

"Feng Jiu, you're finally awake! Are you feeling better now?"

Cha Cha and Cheng Yu arrived early in the morning and waited for Feng Jiu to be awake.

"How is Dong Hua and Ye Qingti?!" Feng Jiu immediately sat up and tried to get off the bed.

"Stay in bed, Feng Jiu! You shouldn't be walking around now. Dong Hua is still unconscious, and Lian Song is with him now. Si Ming is checking up on Ye Qingti as well." Cheng Yu replied.

"No, I have to go and take care of them now! Don't stop me!" Feng Jiu struggled to get out of bed, but she was unable to do so because her right leg was in a cast.

"See! You can't even take care of yourself, how can you take care of them? Eat something first!" Cheng Yu exclaimed.

"Fine... I'll eat something first so that I'll recover faster."

Cha Cha then took out the porridge that she prepared for Feng Jiu.

The police came in shortly to take down Feng Jiu's statement, regarding the car accident.

The driver got away, but they were still actively investigating the case. They also updated her on the previous attack, and they were guessing that these two cases were linked.

They already have a suspect as to who was behind those attacks. No arrests had been made yet, due to insufficient evidence. It was confidential as to who was the suspect, but Feng Jiu suspected Miao Luo to be the mastermind.

The police left after they took down the necessary information from Feng Jiu.

----------------------------------------

On the other side, Dong Hua seems to be slowly waking up.

"Dong Hua, you're finally awake. We were so worried about you!" Lian Song exclaimed.

Lian Song then noticed that Dong Hua's facial expression looked different; it was cold as ice.

"Ouch. My head hurts. What happened?" Dong Hua lightly touched his head, which was covered in bandages.

"You suffered a minor head injury, and the doctor said it would take some time to recover." Lian Song replied.

"Oh. I remembered getting attacked by someone. It happened when I was about to get into my car, to head home after work.

"Wait...? After work? What do you mean, Dong Hua?"

Lian Song was confused, as he thought Dong Hua was hit by an ongoing car.

"Well, I was working late one night, and I got attacked by someone. He swung a huge tree branch at my head, and that was the last thing I remembered. Did they catch the attacker yet?"

Lian Song was shocked and confused. He didn't know what was going on, so he asked more questions.

"Do you remember anything else? Do you remember who is Feng Jiu?"

"Feng Jiu? Isn't she an intern working in our company? Oh yes, I remember now, she saved me from the attack. Is she doing okay?"

"Intern...?" Lian Song immediately realized that something was wrong. He ran out of the room and called for the doctor.

----------------------------------------

The doctor came to check on Dong Hua and sent him for further tests. It appeared that when Dong Hua hit his head against the curb, the blood clot in Dong Hua's brain miraculously disappeared.