50. Journey to the 'Art Gallery'

Feng Jiu silently sat on to the passenger seat. She also remembered how much she liked the sandalwood smell in his car. Dong Hua then looked at her, waiting for her to put on her seatbelt.

"What is he looking at again?" She thought to herself, and then she said, "Why are you not driving off?" Dong Hua then gave a half-smile and replied calmly, "Did you forget something?"

Feng Jiu immediately thought to herself, "What did I forget?! My phone? My bag?" Then she rampaged through her belongings quickly and replied, "No. I didn't forget anything."

Dong Hua then shook his head lightly and started to leaning over to her side. "Wait! What is he doing?!" Feng Jiu froze.

"You always forget to put on your seatbelt. I'm starting to wonder if you're doing it on purpose so that I'll have to do it for you." Dong Hua then put on the seatbelt for her and proceeded to drive off. Feng Jiu blushed extremely hard and replied softly, "I'm sorry. I forgot all about it." Dong Hua then smiled to himself, "Silly girl. What would she do without me?"

They stayed quiet for a good 5 minutes before Feng Jiu took out some sweets from her purse and offered it to Dong Hua. "You want some?"

Dong Hua quickly glanced over at what she was offering him. Then he replied, "You must really like snacks and sweets."

Feng Jiu immediately replied, "I'm not a glutton! It's just because I get hungry easily, so I need to have some food in my purse. I once fainted on the streets because I was so hungry, and my blood sugar levels dropped."

"Oh? Do you want me to get you some food? We can go to a drive-through. Just let me know what you want to eat. I'm only doing this because I don't want you fainting in my car, and people would think I'm a bad boss." Dong Hua replied.

"No, it's fine. I'm not hungry now. Try my sweet. It's really good!" Then Feng Jiu excitedly popped the sweet into his mouth. Dong Hua then started to chew on the sweet and he thought to himself, "This actually tastes good. I'm always eating salty snacks, and maybe I should start eating sweets."

Then he nodded his head lightly and replied politely, "Yeah, it's good. Thank you."

"I told you so!" She replied smugly. And then she continued to enjoy her sweets.

"By the way, I heard what happened this morning." Dong Hua said calmly. Feng Jiu immediately panicked, "Is he going to fire me now?!" Then she calmed herself down and replied, "And?"

"So, do you want me to do something about Ji Heng?" He asked softly. Feng Jiu was taken aback, and she would never have expected that Dong Hua would say something like that. "Why is he asking me this? Is he testing me? Shouldn't he be protecting Ji Heng? Maybe Si Ming was right; maybe he doesn't have any feelings for her?" Feng Jiu's mind was in a huge mess.

"So?" Dong Hua nudged her for a reply. Feng Jiu then swallowed some saliva nervously and replied, "No. I don't think you should do anything."

"Oh? Why?" He asked curiously.

"Because I don't want to stoop down to her level. Just because she bullies me, doesn't mean that I have to do it back to her. I already told her off, and I think we should leave it at that. Why are you asking me this? Are you going to fire me now?" Feng Jiu then frowned and looked down at her feet, and she was afraid to hear his answer.

Dong Hua thought to himself, "That's my girl! So kind-hearted. Wait, why is she worried about me firing her?"

"No, I'm not going to fire you. Why would you think that?" He asked curiously.