85. Straight From The Horse's Mouth

Hi everyone!
I apologize for the late update as I have been tied down with real-life commitments. Unfortunately, I still won't be able to update as frequently as I used to.

When I first started writing, I had a lot more time to myself since I was stuck at home due to the current covid situation.
Thankfully, the situation has been improving, and my family business has once again resumed.
I would like to thank everyone for the endless support for my story, and I would definitely complete what I started here.
I would also try my best to update a new chapter whenever possible.

Thank you for being patient and for your understanding!
Cheers and take care!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two weeks flew by quickly; the results for 'Round One' of the Architectural Competition would be released today. A total of 8 contestants would be selected among hundreds of applicants to enter into the second round.

Feng Jiu nervously waited in front of the notice boards for the results to be released. Everyone who participated in the first round of the competition also gathered around the boards.

"Please! Let me enter the second round!" Feng Jiu prayed in her heart.

Soon, the results were posted on the notice boards. Feng Jiu stood on her toes while she struggled to look at the results since she was at the back of the crowd. Then she saw Ji Heng's name on the top of the list. "What?! She also entered the competition and got into round two?" Feng Jiu thought to herself.

Ji Heng smirked at Feng Jiu upon seeing her name, and she walked away proudly without looking at the other names on the list. Feng Jiu then squeezed through the crowd to get to the front to look at the list of names.

"Bai Feng Jiu."

Her name was written on the boards. Feng Jiu yelped excitedly and quickly covered her mouth with her two hands to contain her excitement. "Oh my gosh! I'm in! I'm in! I need to tell Dong Hua about it now!" She thought to herself with a huge smile on her face.

Nobody questioned why Feng Jiu was able to join the competition despite working for less than two years since they knew about her relationship with Dong Hua. At this point, Ji Heng also didn't realize that Feng Jiu went into the second round since she walked off after seeing her own name on it.

She swiftly ran towards the elevator and went back to her office. The moment she reached the office, she smiled brightly at Dong Hua.

Dong Hua smiled and stood up upon seeing Feng Jiu. She ran towards him and gave him a big hug. "Dong Hua! I'm in! I got into the second round!"

Dong Hua froze for a second, and then he quickly hugged her back and smoothed her hair. "I knew you would get in, Xiao Bai. I'm so proud of you."

Feng Jiu then realized that she was hugging Dong Hua, and she pulled away. Then she said shyly, "Sorry, I was too excited. I still can't believe that I got in! I need to start preparing for my presentation now."

Dong Hua patted Feng Jiu's head gently and replied lovingly, "It would be in the first week of February, so you still have some time. It would just be a simple presentation, so you don't have to worry too much. If you got into the final round, you'd be really busy since you only have about a month of preparation to present your final product."

"It's okay! I'll start drawing it now. Even if I don't get into the final round, I could still add that to my portfolio or for future use. So... do you still remember our promise?" Feng Jiu smiled brightly.