17. Forgetting

The sun shone brightly into the room. Dong Hua got up from his bed and closed the curtains. He wanted to shield the sunlight away from Feng Jiu, who was all curled up and sleeping soundly on the sofa.

Dong Hua then grabbed his blankets and covered the sleeping Feng Jiu as he was worried that she would feel cold.

"She looks so cute when she's asleep. She must be exhausted after taking care of me for the past few days. I'll let her rest longer." He smiled and touched her hair softly.

Even though he couldn't remember anything, or who she was, he was attracted to her.

"The nurse mentioned that I had a girlfriend, could it be Feng Jiu...? I mean, who else could had been my girlfriend, other than her?" Dong Hua pondered while staring at the sleeping Feng Jiu.

Dong Hua didn't want to clarify their relationship, as he was afraid that Feng Jiu would feel hurt if he asked her about it. So he just assumed that they were dating.

----------------------------------------

"Good morning, I hope you slept well. Are you feeling better now? The doctor would be here in about an hour to check up on you. We will also be sending you for your MRI scan today." The nurse said when she came in to check on Dong Hua.

"I'm feeling so much better today. My headache is completely gone, and it seems like my vision isn't as blurry now."

The sound of their voices woke Feng Jiu up.

Feng Jiu yawned and rubbed her eyes, "Mmm... Did I sleep for a long time?"

"Your sleeping face looks so cute, Jiu-er."

"Wait... Did you just call me Jiu-er?"

"Yes. But if you don't like me calling you Jiu-er, I'll stop doing it. To me, everything seems to be so unfamiliar now. I just thought that calling you Jiu-er would make us less of a stranger, and I'll feel closer to you." Dong Hua said with a voice full of sadness.

Feng Jiu blushed and nervously looked down at the floor. While Feng Jiu was flabbergasted, her emotions were conflicted.

"Dong Hua seems so different from the usual him. He's always cold and indifferent to everyone, but now, he's so full of emotions. Are they even the same person...?"

Feng Jiu then looked up, and his troubled gaze met hers. Feng Jiu gave Dong Hua a sweet smile to cheer him up.

"You can call me Jiu-er, as long as it makes you happy, Dong Hua. My family calls me Jiu-er as well."

"Thank you, Jiu-er. You're the best." Dong Hua smiled gently.

----------------------------------------

The doctor came in to check on Dong Hua and told him that they will be sending him for his MRI scan now.

"Come with me, Jiu-er. I want you to be there with me." Dong Hua tugged on Feng Jiu's arm and refused to let go.

"You're scared, aren't you? Don't worry, I'll accompany you for the scan, along with any other tests that you'll need to take." Feng Jiu gently patted Dong Hua's head and reassured him.

Feng Jiu knew that she couldn't reject Dong Hua because she promised herself that she would do anything within her means for him. At the same time, she was also following what her heart tells her to do.

Dong Hua smiled at Feng Jiu sweetly, and happily held on to her hand. He wasn't afraid of anything, as long as his Jiu-er was beside him.

"Jiu-er, promise me that you'll still be out here when I come out."

"I promise I won't go anywhere. Just relax and don't worry about the scan, you'll be fine."

Then he unwillingly let go of her hand and pouted, before entering the magnet room for his scan.

Dong Hua couldn't stop turning back to look at Feng Jiu. Being away from her, even for a minute, felt like forever to him, and he didn't want to spend any time away from her.

----------------------------------------

*Buzz* A text message from Ye Qingti.

"Are you okay, Feng Jiu? I heard that you took an absence of leave at work. I'm worried about you, so call me as soon as you see this message."

Feng Jiu totally forgot to inform Ye Qingti about her leave because she was caught up with too many things at the same time. She immediately called Ye Qing.

"Oh my god, I'm so worried about you, Feng Jiu! What happened to you?" Ye Qingti exclaimed.

"I'm so sorry, Qingti! I was so tied up recently, and I forgot to inform you. I'm at the hospital now. Well... it's a long story, I'll explain it to you face-to-face. Since you have the day off tomorrow, do you want to drop by the hospital's cafeteria for a quick lunch with me?"

Dong Hua came out from the magnet room after completing his scan. He noticed that Feng Jiu was in the middle of her phone call with someone. He was curious, as to who she was calling.

"Who are you talking to, Jiu-er?" Dong Hua asked, along with his squinting eyes.

She then held up her palm and signalled Dong Hua to hold on, as she talks to Ye Qingti. Dong Hua then folded his arms and sat down, pouting.

"Qingti, I got to go now. I'll see you tomorrow, and we can talk more about it."

Feng Jiu abruptly ended the call and walked back to Dong Hua. It appeared that Dong Hua was buried in his thoughts. Feng Jiu didn't notice Dong Hua was feeling bothered and casually asked him about his scan.

"Who is Qingti? You both seem close. Why are you meeting him tomorrow?" Dong Hua looked down at the floor and avoided looking at Feng Jiu.

"Of course we are close, he's my best friend! I will be meeting him tomorrow for lunch because we have something important to talk about."

"Can I come too?"

"I'll only be gone for an hour or two, and it wouldn't take long. It's better if you don't come along so that you can have ample rest while I'm gone."

Truth to be told, Feng Jiu didn't want Dong Hua to come along because she wanted to talk to Ye Qingti about her past with Dong Hua. She also didn't wish to let Dong Hua know about her feelings for him.

"I'm tired... I want to go back to the ward now." Dong Hua then turned his back and left without waiting for Feng Jiu.

She assumed that Dong Hua was just feeling tired after his scan, so she didn't pay much attention to it.

----------------------------------------

Night came, Dong Hua tossed and turned in his bed. His thoughts were keeping him awake.

He couldn't understand why he was feeling so uneasy over them meeting tomorrow. He was also thinking of an excuse so that he could come along.

He then glanced over to see Feng Jiu sleeping soundly.

"Why didn't Jiu-er allow me to join them for lunch? Did she not want me to know her secrets? I don't care! I have to find ways to join them tomorrow!"

At this point, Dong Hua still didn't realize that he was feeling jealous of Ye Qingti.

-

You're mine, Jiu-er.