21. D.D

"Krissa, baby?" Jessica slowly walks into my room. She's wearing her white fluffy robe and slippers. I'm laying on my bed, on my stomach, not wanting to move. She sits on my bed and rubs my back and I slowly close my eyes.

  "What happened last night?" she asks as she comforts me.

  I take a deep breath and slowly sit up. I wrap my blanket around my goosebump filled body and finally begin talking.

  "I told him about Kyle" I begin and Jessica gasps, I nod trying not to cry.

  "It just slipped out, Jessica. I shouldn't have told him." I look down.

  "I'm guessing his reaction wasn't good" She grabs the water bottle from my night stand and hands it to me.

  I take a gulp "Nope. He walked out the door. I couldn't even explain. I want him to understand so bad Jessica."

  Jessica wraps her arms around me "Oh, Krissa" she says with a big sigh "He's no good for you. If this happened to me.. my daddy would've hunted him down" She says with a laugh and I join her. She releases me and stands up.

  "I'm gonna go shower and grab a bite. Come with?" She smiles.

  "Nah, it's fine. I'm gonna do some homework." I tell her.

  She shakes her head "Always waiting till the last minute" She walks out the room.

  I get up and walk out my room and into the hallway bathroom. I grab the hairbrush that is next to the white sink and begin brushing the little knots in my hair. I continue and finish by putting on a black hair tie and pinning up my bangs. I turn on the faucet. I grab the peach colored face wash and squirt some onto my palms and wash my face. 

  After finishing the rest of my morning routine, I walk back into my room and put on grey sweats (which belong to Abel) and a black tank top.

  I open up my black colored laptop and begin doing my homework struggling on staying focused.

  I lean back on my white headboard and sigh. I can't believe I was so stupid. I should've told him from the start. How did even think my baby could possibly be his? I've been in Toronto for less than a year and I can't exactly hide 9 months of pregnancy from him. I haven't even been in Toronto for 9 months! I laugh at the thought.

  My thoughts are interrupted "Krissa! I'm heading out." Jessica shouts from the living room and I yell back Okay.
  3 minutes later I hear the door shut and I'm left alone.

  The room is silent and I hear the ticking of the wall clock.
tick-tock. tick-tock.

  The faucet from the bathroom.

  drip. drip.

  And the whirling of the ceiling fan.

  That's it. I quickly get up, walk across the room, and dig in my closet for my black leather jacket. I put on my black vans and walk out of my room. I grab my messenger bag off the living room couch and grab my keys off the small wooden kitchen table.

   Moments later I'm in front of Abel's apartment. I look at the time on my phone: 8:37 am

  I didn't realize it was early.  I knock slowly on the door, but somehow my anger builds up and I'm suddenly banging on the door. I hear locks unlock and chains unlatch and the door quickly opens.

  There he is. Abel is wearing a black t shirt, dark green plaid boxers and black socks.  His eyes are tired and droopy, but widen when they see me.