26. Same Old Song (Abel's POV)

The music pounds in my ears as I'm trying to focus on my surroundings. I'm at the club, right? I slightly open my eyes and see a crowd of people dancing and drinking. Their bodies sway with the beat of the song. Off to the far side is a girl sobbing and someone who appears to be her man trying to comfort her. I chuckle. Yeah, I'm at the club. I'm sitting on a red velvet couch in the V.I.P section. I look next to me only to find no one there. Where the hell did everyone go? I barely remember being here. I mean, I remember Cash picking me up and seeing the guys when I arrived, but what else happened? I look down at my hand and see the glass of hard liquor. You'd think I'd be better with holding my down my liquor after all this time.

    Well, think again.

    I groan softly as I slowly rise to my feet. I set my glass on the table and rub my eyes. As soon as I open them I see I'm surrounded by the guys.

    "Yo, where you been?" Hawk asks.

    "What you mean? I've been on this couch the whole time. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and y'all dipped?" I reply as I blink slowly.

    "My bad, dude. We went to get some drinks." Lamar says taking a sip from his drink.

    Vodka maybe? I don't know. I can't tell right now.

    I sit back down and Cash sits next to me. Across from us is another sofa where Hawk and Lamar sit. I wonder what happened to Manny and that other dude and the other people we came with.

    "So what happened? Why'd you change your mind?" Hawk asks and he leans back and props his feet on the glass table.

    "What you mean?" I ask

    Hawk rolls his eyes "Dude, you're too gone right now" he laughs "I mean how'd you decide to come? What happened with whatsherface?"

    I sigh "Oh you mean Krissa?" I chuckle "I don't know, man. We got into some dumb ass fight?"

    Cash laughs "Over what?"

        I hesitate and think for a bit trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

    "Oh, yeah." I remember "She was mad that I didn't want to come to the club. Like I went over to her apartment, well basically my apartment, to spend some time with her. She got all pissed when I told her that I didn't want to go because she doesn't like clubs." I take a deep breath.

    Man, it's hard to speak.

    "And she thought I was calling her boring and now that I think about it-" I laugh "-she kind of is, but that's besides the point. Anyways, she kicked me out and slammed the door in my face."

    "What else?" Lamar asks.

    "I don't know" I cough "Oh, yeah. She told me to go out and do things I love so here I am." I smile and laugh.

    "Dude" Hawk says then bursts out into laughter.

    "Chill" I continue laughing.

    "She's crazy, yo." Hawk sits up.

    "Yeah, I agree, but nothing I can do." I pause for what seems like an hour before speaking again "Anyways, I came to have a good time."

    "That's what you'll get!" Hawk gets up and walks around to where I'm sitting. He crouches down and says something softly in my ear.

    "You see those 2 girls?" Hawks points with his drink to 2 girls on the dance floor dancing with each other.

    "They've been telling Lamar all day that they love The Weeknd." Hawk stands up straight again and walks away.