4. The Morning

I pace back and forth in my little living room. I feel my heart racing faster and getting heavier by the second. A billion thoughts run through my head.

"Ding dong" the sound of my door bell roars loudly in my ears. I begin to walk towards the door feeling myself lose breath. My feet weigh a ton and I feel the earth tremble below me with every step I take.

I open the door and I'm greeted with a warm smile.

"Hey Krissa" Abel says with a sweet voice.

I ended up calling Abel the week after I met him. It's been about a week of nonstop video chat, texting and phone calls but today is our first actual date. I'm a nervous wreck. This is the first guy I've agreed to go out with since I've moved to Toronto last month.

"You ready to go?" Abel asks

"Uh yeah. I'll be right back." I reply.

I go to the bathroom and take a quick look at myself in the mirror. Why? Why would he invest so much time in me? I'm just an average looking girl. Why would he ask out a thin girl wearing faded jeans and a hoodie on a date? Emily told me Abel is a busy man although I'm not really sure what she meant by that.

"Ready!" I shout from the bathroom.

--

The car ride is a big blanket of silence that speaks to me more than an actual conversation.

I don't want to annoy him so I just look at the window. All I can think is if I'm making a good choice or not. I've been talking to Abel this past week, but how much do I really know about him?

"We're here." Abel's voice interrupts my thoughts.

I look out my window. A little cafe? He drives a sports car and he takes me to a cafe in the middle of no where? This is a joke, right? I mean just by looking at him I can tell he's LOADED.

"Great" I chuckle weakly.

"They have amazing and I do mean AMAZING waffles here." he says. "I hear they're foreign." he smiles.

We walk in and its not exactly what I hoped our first date would be like. A restaurant? Romantic. A carnival? Corny but adorable. A cafe with the population of 4? Funny and not in a good way.

I guess I just expected more.

We sit down and I'm not in the best mood.

"Hey Abel." they old waitress says. "The usual?" she asks.

"You know it. And same for the lady" he says.

The waitress walks away and I look at him.

"You know, I can order for myself" I say as I cross my arms.

"Sorry. I'm just excited you're here." he says and I smile weakly.

"Ring ring" I hear.

"Oh I have to take this." he quickly gets up.

I watch him argue over the phone and pacing back and forth. He seems like a complete different guy. I finally see him hang up and walk towards me.

"Krissa. I'm sorry. I have to go." he says.

I laugh.

"Look we can do this again"

"Actually you can" I interrupt him "without me."

"Krissa" he begins

"Save it." I get up.

"Here" he hands me a wad of cash. "I'm really sorry I have to run off."

I'm heated. 

"What the hell?!" I shout. "Abel you need to stop. Paying for dry cleaning, and now this? You can't freaking buy me. We're just having breakfast why do you even carry so much money?!" I continue "You can't just blow me off, throw me some cash and expect things to be okay. And ordering for me? Dude, I'm not an idiot. I can do things for myself. I'm a big girl. That isn't how dating works"

"I'm sorry. I didn't think of it that way. I don't know how to make it up to you. C'mon take the cash." he says softly then his voice gets louder and rough "you know people would die to have a small conversion with me and here I am having breakfast with you. Be grateful"

I laugh.

"I didn't ASK you to bring me here. You did." I say

"Well then I'm sorry for wasting your time Krissa" he says

"More like I wasted yours" and with that I storm out of that cafe.

I should've known it wasn't going to work out. I now realize I know nothing about him. He knows nothing about me! I shouldn't have gave him a chance. Giving us a chance? Horrible idea.

  I call Emily and explain everything to here. She without hesitation is on her away to pick me up. I guess this is all I really need, my friends.