29. Echoes of Silence

(I put the trigger warning because I don't know what my readers have gone through and how reading something may affect them. I care about you all. I will be putting ** before I start the part and ** once it's over)
  You might wanna read the last chapter over again to refresh your memory.

Enjoy this chapter.
--

Abel embraces me in a warm hug that I can just melt in. He has such a strong yet gentle touch. He squeezes me a little tighter and I smile because 3 minutes later and we're still in the same position.
"Abel." I say
"Hm?"
"You can let go now" I chuckle.
"But I don't want to!" He whines like a 5 year old and I playfully push him off me and smile.
"What is all this?" I ask.
His jaw drops then he rolls his eyes.
"Seriously?" He throws his arms up in frustration "Did you not just listen to ANYTHING I said? Or look at what I did for you? okay back from the top."
He starts pushing me lightly out of the bedroom door.
"Abel!" I protest.
He squints at me "Give me that rose!!" He snatches it from my hand.
"Hey! Cut it out!" I snatch it back and he laughs.
"I know what you meant but why the sudden change of heart?"
What did I do? Someone doesn't wake up and think 'Let me get my shit together'... do they? Something must've happened. Did Abel have an epiphany? A change of heart? Maybe he's really opening his eyes.
"I don't know what happened Krissa.. you do things to me." He backs up a bit and sits on his huge white bed "Good things.. Maybe bad.. I don't know. They're things that I can't control anymore. You truly do have my heart." I smile and sit next to him.
"And when I say this I REALLY mean it because I don't say this to just anyone anymore."
"Meeting you and being with you has taught me a lot. Life is a journey. It has it's ups and downs. And my life.. there were never any ups." He puts his hands at his side and looks down.
"I've lived a shitty ass life. You know.. I've always felt like a burden to the people around me so that's why I leave."
"Abel that's a choice you make. You choose to leave." I say.
"I know." He looks up at me then looks down again and I follow in his example.
"There's 2 types of people in life. The ones who leave and the ones who are left. I guess I was just tired of being left so I became the one who leaves."
"Hey" I look up "Look at me." And he does so.
"There's another type of person." I say and Abel looks at me in confusion.
"The ones who stay. They stay and fight and conquer." He gives me a half smile.
"Be that person Abel. Not with just us, but with everything you face in life."
"When did you become the Sansei?" He says and I roll my eyes and laugh.
"Abel! All jokes aside. You can't leave things or people who make you happy because then you're left with nothing."
He looks down again.
"Don't be afraid anymore."
"Afraid?" He looks up again.
"You're afraid, right? Of being left? Of repeating the same mistakes over and over?" He nods.
"Don't be. Don't you get it? Living in constant fear of messing up is living in hell. Live life Abel! Trust people, the right ones and sometimes the wrong ones, we all make mistakes. Live life in Paradise." I tell him.
"I know. That's what I'm striving to do Kris. I make the choices. I'm making the choice to change. Not for you, or for my mother, or for the guys.. But for myself. I want my life to be filled with ups." He says back.
"And it will be." I grab his hand.
He looks up at me again and kisses me softly on the lips and I smile in between our kiss.
"Go home." He says.
"Why? I just got here.."
"Go pick something to wear. I wanna take you out to dinner. Like.. a real date which we don't do often." I smile widely "Something really nice. I plan on going all out tonight." I shake my head and roll my eyes as I smile.
"Alright. Pick me up in about 3 hours?"
"Deal" He says. I give him a peck and I leave.
I walk out of his apartment with a grin on my face. What just happened? I don't know but it was the most amazing moment Abel and I have shared. I am so in love with him and he continues and continues to amaze me even when his intentions aren't to do so.
I arrive at my apartment in about 15-20 minutes since the traffic was a little heavier than usual. I quickly go into my room and dig in my closet. What do I wear? I don't even know where we're gonna go. I don't wanna overdress but I don't wanna underdress either.
I send Abel a text: