Dreams | Chapter 17

Lisa, Alex, and Linda trained for most of the day. They took frequent breaks and Rhiannon watched and advised until the sun was beginning to set.

"Good training today girls, take tomorrow off. You all have come such a long way, but after today you deserve a break." Rhiannon praised them before mounting her horse Nix. She waved goodbye as she started riding off. The girls were getting ready to leave, Alex and Lisa were mounting their horses. Linda was going to mount Meteor, when a vision appeared before her. She stumbled backwards with the suprise of it. She knew where she had seen those treetops before. She took a minute to steady herself and fell into deep thought. It was the same vision, but showed her more this time as if hinting to her, wanting her to know. Alex, Lisa and Rhiannon were already out of sight. Linda quickly mounted Meteor and began riding after them. Alex was riding far in the distance but Rhiannon and Lisa were no where to be seen. Linda followed Alex and caught up with her by Valedale Stable. Alex was leaning over in conversation with a young woman. Linda guessed she was a druid by the clothes she was wearing. Linda rode up beside them and stopped, Alex quickly looked over at her with slight surprise on her face. She broke off the conversation and turned to Linda. She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off before she could get sound out.

"Alex I need you, the vision I told  you about before, I know now! We need to go. Where is Lisa?" Linda said in a rush of words.

Alex looked slightly bewildered, "what do you mea-"

"No time to tell you, where is Lisa?" 

"She wanted to make it home for dinner."

"Okay let's go, Alex trust me this is important."

Linda began riding through the Hollow Woods with Alex following her. Linda didn't want to push Meteor to much after training that day, put he moved with purpose as did Alex and Tin-Can. Any normal horse breed they would be worn out from a day of training like today. Not the Soul Riders horses though, called Guardians by the keepers of Aideen. Only four are reborn for each generation of Soul Riders.

Soon they arrived outside of Starshine ranch, Linda dismounted and ran to the door. She knocked quickly and saw shadows behind the curtain before Carl Petterson appeared.

"Hey Linda, are you looking for Lisa?" He looked apprehensive and studied her a bit but still had a kind voice.

Linda nodded.

He went back inside and shouted Lisa's name. A few moments later Lisa appeared and looked puzzled when she saw Linda at the door.

"What is it?" Lisa asked.

"We need to go now," Linda said in a determined voice.

"C'mon I was just abbout to have dinner," Lisa whinned.

"Now. No time to talk, get Starshine and let's go," Linda said in a determined voice.

Lisa looked at Linda for a moment before shoving on her boots and walking outside. Linda went back to Meteor to wait for Lisa and Starshine. Alex kept quiet and Linda focused on what could be expected. She didn't know what she was going to find, but she had a feeling it wasn't good. Being a Soul Rider is a duty, Linda couldn't hide from this. She decided it would be best if acted upon right away. 

A few moments later Lisa and Starshine appeared from around the barn. Lisa had a more concerned expression.

"Linda what's happening?" Lisa asked.

"Just ride with me ... and be prepared for anything." Linda replied sternly.

They all shared looks of slight unease before beginning the ride. They didn't talk much, speaking only words of encouragement to themselves and each other. They arrived by the riding arena quite quickly, Linda was riding towards the river that ran beside it. She felt the air become more tense with every second she got closer. Linda crossed the river with Lisa and Alex following her vigilantly. They looked over their shoulders as they rode and observed everything that moved with caution. Then they were riding in the Forgotten fields. This is it Linda thought. The sky was getting darker and then Linda saw it, the treetops that were burned into her memory. She looked up and saw the moon appearing in the night sky and the stars twinkling, she felt a strong feeling of dread. She rode on, not knowing what to expect.