Caught | Chapter 15

Lisa was heading back to the ranch after a long trail ride. A warm breeze was brushing over Jorvik and she had a very enjoyable day. Swimming, exploring and riding. Lisa wished she could do that everyday, she loved being alone with her horse on the trails. An unspoken communication flowed between them and it was comforting. But for some reason on her ride back she was having unpleasant thoughts. Her mom's death in a riding accident and wondering if Anne was okay were circulating in constant repetition. Lisa usually loved focusing on the wildlife surrounding her when she was out for a ride but now she was absorbed in the things that were darkest to her. Starshine Ranch was slowly coming into veiw, and it reminded her of what she would give to just be normal. Sometimes she hated being a Soul Rider and othertimes she couldn't imagine being apart of anything better. But music was always there for her and she often found that whenever she poured her heart out into song that her worries would go away. Lisa was now coming around the edge of the ranch when she saw a ladder laying on the ground. Starshine stopped, sensing the disturbance. Lisa looked closer. Behind the bush she saw a body, she gasped and quickly dimounted Starshine. As she came closer she recognized the boots and plaid shirt, he opened his eyes as she came into veiw. 

"Isa," he wheezed. "Isa call for help." His face was losing colour quickly and his eyes looked unfocused and lost.

"Dad! What happened!" Lisa was frantic trying to decide if she should call 911 or heal him herself. But the ambulance would take a while to make it out to them. Lisa quickly got to work. She put her hands on his chest and started humming, feeling her energy go into him. She knew he was protesting, asking what she was doing, but whenever she healed she blocked everything out. But Rhiannon suddenly came into Lisa's mind and she stopped. She looked down at her dad and pulled her hands away. She realized she did so too soon as she still had remnants of her healing energy on her palms. Her hands were emitting a dull pink glow that was quickly fading, she put them in her pockets but it was too late. Her dad saw. He looked like he wanted to get up and tried using his arms but they didn't support him. He gave one last look at Lisa before he fainted. 

"Dad!" Lisa gasped shocked as he fell back limp on the ground. She shook him but he didn't wake, footsteps were approaching. Josh the ranch hand peered around and saw Lisa, he looked down and saw Carl on the ground.

"What happened?" Josh asked as he came closer towards them. 

"I think he fell off the ladder," Lisa replied.

Josh gained a disappointed look on his face, Lisa took notice. "I told him I was gonna get to that, why did he have to do it!?"

Lisa looked at Josh and saw him shake his head. "Lisa I'm sorry. It's my fault, I should have got to it sooner."

Lisa shook her head, "Josh, don't worry about it right now. Let's just get him inside."

Josh nodded, "does he need a hospital, looks like he might of hit his head."

"Er- well dad doesn't like hospitals ... I'm sure he would be more comfortable here." Lisa tried to say in a reassuring voice.

Josh didn't look convinced but never the less helped Lisa carry her dad inside. When he was settled on the couch, Josh was about to turn away before he stopped. "Do you need any extra help, around the ranch?" He asked with a hint of concern, his eyes on Lisa.

Lisa was about to shake her head but then remembered it might be wise to accept Josh's help. Especially with what was happening with the soul riders. 

"Josh that would mean a lot, but I don't want to impose." 

He shook his head, "no problem at all Lisa. You and Carl are the closest people on Jorvik I have, it's the least I could do." And with that he turned and walked out the door.